S I X T E E N

I enter the girls locker room, and the scent of dirty clothes and sweat hits me. I don't think I'll ever get used to the smell, especially since the restroom is at the entrance of the door.

I walk to my locker and unlock it. I put on my shorts and I remove my shirt.

"Hey Malia, what are we doing for P.E?" Avery asks as she takes off her shirt, leaving her in her shorts.

"I heard we're playing volleyball" I say as I apply some lotion to my legs.

"Let your ass breathe for once Malia! It's gonna shrink" Avery says as she looks at me.

I flip her off and she laughs as she puts on her shirt.

"Go read a bible for once!" I retort and she shoves me lightly against the lockers.

"Fuck you Malia" she says walking out.

-----

"Alright class, today we're playing volleyball. I'll be choosing the teams for today's game" my teachers voice echoes throughout the empty gym making him sound louder.

"LaMont, your on the red team" I get up walk towards the growing team and I'm greeted by one of my friends from English.

"You ready Malia?" My friend Kristen asks me while she fixes her glasses.

"Yeah, you?" I ask. She was a really calm, nice person, not to mention the fact that she would always give me a perfect score on the homework if I didn't do it.

She nods and I see Avery walking towards me.

"I'll talk to you later Malia" she says walking off with one of her friends.

I walk towards Avery and she smiles at me.

"Same team bitch" she says while laughing. I punch her arm slightly and laugh.

Avery's about to say something, but she's cut off by the loud chatter from another class coming in. Which had to be the boys weight-lifting class, where Ethan and Grayson were in.

"Oh look Malia, you might get laid again!" Avery says a loud.

My eyes widen as I cover her mouth. Only she would say something like that in public.

"Avery shut the fuck up!" I say while glaring at her.

She licks my hand and I quickly wipe off her saliva on my shirt.

I turn to see Ethan staring at me as his tounge swiped over his lips. He had on a grey muscle shirt that showed off his muscles and a pair of navy blue shorts with our schools name on the bottom.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I know me and him are gonna fuck today. It's not a "might" anymore.

"LaMont, you serve first!" The teacher tosses the ball and I catch it.

"Make that ass pop bitch" Avery says and I smack her as she laughs.

The teacher blows the whistle and I throw the ball in the air and hit it. Most people move out of the way, but only a few people push to hit the ball.

I turn around again and see Ethan and Grayson standing on the sideline. I see Grayson say something and point at Ethan, but I'm too far away to hear what he said. I look at Ethan and I see that his jaw is tightened and his arms are crossed, but I can see his fists clenched together. He's mad.

Why is he mad? He was perfectly fine a few minutes ago.

"I got it!" I direct my attention and see that Avery jumps for the ball and hits it.