F O R T Y

I tap my foot on the floor as I wait for Avery. She has been cutting me short and avoiding me as much as she can.

I see her come in with Kendall, the guy I used to like during middle school and freshman year. He looks her up and down and my blood boils. He's been hitting on her since freshman year when he knew that we were friends. He knew I used to liked him and he basically treated me like shit, but did I ever listen? Nope.

They had a thing going on during freshman year, and to be honest, I felt heartbroken. Avery didn't want to tell me that they had makeout sessions, but she told me. They stopped hanging out because Kendall gave her a hickey and Avery's mom found out.

My phone vibrates and I see a message from Ethan.

Ethan: What's wrong?

I look up and he's holding his phone in his hands as he stares at me.

Me: I'll tell you later

He looksat his phone and gives me a look before turning back to the guys.

Avery and Kendall walk towards the table and I become tense. "Hey Malia" Avery smiles as she sits down with Kendall next to her.

"Hi Malia" Kendall says with a slight smirk and I clench my fists underneath the table.

I'm so close to shoving my foot up your ass

"So are we still on for tonight Malia? I brought the stuff" Avery smiles and her dimples show.

"Yeah, I'll also bring some stuff too" I glare at Kendall and he gives Avery a flirty look.

He's still the same fuckboy since freshman year

I push my plate of food forward and I stand up. "Why don't you and Kendall spend the night together, since you clearly did not give a shit to consult me that he was coming too"

A few heads turn to look at us and I throw my backpack over my shoulder and I walk out leaving Avery yelling my name.

I know I have Ethan, and I wouldn't change him for the world, but I'm still pissed that one of my closest friends would do that to me. I always held back from saying anything because I didn't want to be that friend that let anything bother her. It wasn't any of my business if they even had a thing going on because Kendall always made it clear that he never liked me, and my dumbass still went after him.

I walk through the halls and I stop when I'm near the girls restrooms. I sigh as I run a hand through my hair and I let myself slide down onto the floor until I'm sitting down. I close my eyes and I cover my face.

I feel someone slide down next to me as they kiss the side of my cheek that's exposed. I look up and see Ethan with his arms wrapped around me.

"Shit got heated back there didn't it?"

I nod and place my head on his shoulder. "Wanna tell me what happened?" Even with my head on his shoulder, I can feel his body vibrate whenever he talks.

"Promise you won't get mad?" I hold up my pinky and he laughs as he wraps his pinky around mine.

"The guy Avery came in with was the guy I used to-"

"You used to like during freshman year" I look up at him confused and he has a serious look plastered on his face as he raises his eyebrow.

"How do you know?"

"He told everyone that you used to like him back then" I can see his clenching his fists, exposing the veins on his hands and I sigh.

"When was this?" I ask as I hide my face from the embarrassment.