T W E N T Y - T H R E E

I lay in bed as I stare out the window. The sky was dark and grey, with rain falling slowly. The window was opened slightly, leaving the smell of wet concrete in my room.

I skipped school for the past two days. It's now Wednesday and my dad thinks I have a cold because I told him I did, when in reality I'm perfectly fine.

Not emotionally though

When I sit up in bed, my face feels tight due to the tears that dried on my face. I'm about to grab my phone on my nightstand, but then I remember that I threw it against the wall.

I place my head in my hands and groan. I hated this, I hated feeling this way towards him.

It was a simple deal, no relationships, no feelings, nothing. Just fun.

What hurt the most was that he didn't like me back. I knew it, Ethan isn't the relationship type of guy. Plus, he wouldn't want to get stuck dating me. I'd probably be an embarrassment to him.

There I go again, feeling insecure about myself because someone doesn't like me back. Then again, I'm used to this feeling. I did this all through out middle school, and I'm still doing it in highschool.

I hear a knock on my door and I panic slightly. I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

"Avery left a voicemail, she's been calling the house phone non-stop"

"Thanks dad, I'll call her back right now"

I hear his footsteps down the stairs and I'm sure he's gone. I get up out of the bed and head into the bathroom where I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

I have black tears staining my cheeks, my cheeks red, and my eyes puffy. My hair looked greasy and was swept across in different directions, I looked disgusting. I felt disgusting too.

I turn on the water and run a bath. I strip from my clothing and sit in the tub as I wash my face from the makeup and I wash my hair.

When I'm done, I sit in the tub and I don't realize that the tears are falling down my cheeks until I'm sniffling.

Why was I crying over him? He doesn't like me and he never will.

Fuck, I sound like I'm in middle school again.

It's true though, he's dating Mackenzie. They're in a relationship together.

You call that a relationship?

I sigh and get out of the tub as I wrap a towel around me.

Ethan and I are more dysfunctional than him and Mackenzie ever will be. He just wants sex, and she gives it to him easily.

I enter my room and grab pair of sweats and white shirt. When I put on the shirt, I'm engulfed with the scent of his cologne.

Jesus fucking christ.

I can almost feel him hovering over me. His large calloused hands running ther hands up and down my body, as he leaves wet kisses everywhere. His soft plump lips sucking lightly on my neck as his hands grip my thighs tightly.

I shake my head and remove the shirt and change into one of my shirts.

I can't do it. I needed to get over him, we were nothing but fuck buddies to eachother, and that's all we'll ever be. Nothing more.

-----

I walk through the halls where a few people look at me and then turn back around. The usual shit that happens everyday.

I walk to my locker where I see Ethan and Grayson. They're with Jack, Aaron, and Cameron. Grayson looks at me and gives me a small smile, which I do the same. Ethan looks up and then looks back down after a few seconds, acting as if I never existed.