T W E N T Y - N I N E

Helping my drunk dad get to the couch in the middle of the night wasn't the way I wanted to spend it. I would have prefered to be in my bed...asleep.

I clean up the mess he left in the kitchen and sigh, this is the third time it's happened and I just don't know what to do. I want to confront him about it, but I'm afraid he's gonna deny it and get pissed off.

I see him playing with a lighter and I quickly snatch it out of his hands, along with the pack of cigarettes that fell on the floor and I put it in the pockets of my shorts.

I'm no going to let you become a smoker again dad

I turn off the lamp and head up the stairs to my room.

When I turn on the light in my room, I scream and fall to the ground on my ass.

Ethan stands up from the bed as he chuckles and walks up to me.

He helps me up and I glare at him as I take his hand. His cheeks are red as he laughs, his smile wide.

Shit.

His smile is my weakness.

"Ethan what the fuck are you doing here? It's...2 in the morning!" I pause looking at the clock on my nightstand.

"It's not like we have school tomorrow anyways. Plus. I can't visit you princess?"

"Don't call me princess" I spat as I cross my arms.

"I'll call you whatever the fuck I feel like calling you. I'll call you princess, babygirl, anything. Whether you like it or not"

"I prefer babygirl thank you very much" I walk towards my vanity and I place the lighter and pack of cigarettes on my vanity.

I get in my bed, but when I look up, Ethan is looking down at the cigarettes.

"Malia what the fuck is this?" He raises his voice a little as he holds up the cigarettes.

"It's my dads you dumbass. I wouldn't do that shit. You know me well enough to know I don't do that" he sighs and I look out the window.

"He's bad isn't he?" He puts down the cigarettes and he sits down next to me.

I nod my head and look at the ground, trying to avoid Ethan's gaze.

"Malia, look at me" He tilts my head up with his index finger and I sigh.

"He needs help"

-----

"Wake up Malia" I groan as I clutch on to the large pillow on my side.

"Mal wake up" Someone shakes me, but I clutch the pillow even tighter.

"Fuck!" I open my eyes and see Ethan gritting his teeth as he rubs his sides.

"What happened?" I yawn as I remove my arms from his side and I slowly gets up from the bed.

"I need to go home, but you wouldn't wake up" he takes his shirt off revealing nail marks on his sides.

I've done worse we've had sex...oops

I check the time and it's 7 in the morning. Shit, I thought it was still the middle of the night because how dark it was.

"I have a date with Ma-" My head snaps up to look at him and he stops talking, realizing what he was about to say.

Forgot they were still a 'thing'

"You should go, you don't want to keep the princess waiting" I lay back down in bed and turn my back to him.

"Malia d-"