F O R T Y - N I N E

"Why are you guys even getting her a gift? She don't even like you Ethan" Aaron asks as he walks behind Ethan. Grayson and I both snicker in the back as Ethan turns around and glares at us.

"Thank you! That's what I told him!" I say with frustration.

"You said yourself that you needed to kiss ass to her in order to stay here and not move to California, and that's what we're doing" Ethan shakes his head and I roll my eyes.

"I don't think Malia gives a shit anymore"

"You're right. I don't because I'm not leaving. Despite what they say"

"Shut up and help me look for a gift" Ethan laughs and he pulls me with him.

"And they're back to being lovebirds again" Aaron mumbles and Ethan flips him off.

We walk past a few aisles, but we stop when we see the cards for special occasions. "I need one that says 'I hope you die'" Ethan glares at me and I laugh. The guys walk off and look around the store while Ethan and I stay together.

He pulls out one card thats all white with red decorations on it. We take the card and we walk around the store to see what we can find. If it was up to me, I would have just came to the wedding without the gift. Shit, I'm the gift. I'm one of a kind. The fuck you need a gift for?

"What about a coffee machine?" Ethan asks and I shake my head. "She doesn't drink coffee"

"What about him?"

"I don't care about Andrew"

"Come on. Be cooperative for once, please?" He grabs my hand and I sigh.

"It's just not fair. I can't stand him anymore, and the fact that he's getting married to my mom means that he's gonna be in my life forever"

"Malia, that's just how it is. You make it harder because of how stubborn you are. If you aren't gonna do this for you're mom then do it for me. After all of this is done, you don't even have to talk to her anymore."

"There's some pillows over there that say Mr. and Mrs." I sigh after a moment of silence and he takes my hand.

We begin to look through the pillows when we see Grayson and the guys running towards us. "Ethan come here!" Grayson pulls him and I raise a brow.

"What the fuck Gray, calm down. What is it?"

"That's what's it!" He creeps to the corner of the aisle and points at a girl who was looking through the makeup. His eyes widen and they all hide behind the aisle.

"Stalker Stella?"

"No shit! I need you to distract her while I go outside or some shit. She's been calling me and texting me again"

"Alright, you guys stay here, I'll go distract her" Ethan passes me the card and I stand in the middle of the aisle but Grayson pulls me back.

"Who's Stalker Stella?" They shush me and I cross my arms. "Stella, which is her name was my obsessive girlfriend who I dated for 6 months"

"And she never got over you" Jack pats Grayson's back and I giggle as Grayson glares at him.

"She became too obsessive and I finally left her. All she wanted to do was fuck and it got tiring. She would stalk me all the time" I laugh and Grayson covers my mouth. "Can you be any louder?" I lick his hand and he removes his hand from my mouth while making a disgusted face. He checks again and he does some hand signs to Ethan as he talks to Stella and Grayson turns back to us.

"See you on the other side" he runs and then slides across the floor to the other side and I cover my mouth as I try to muffle my laugh. "Can't we just walk across?"