chapter 8

[Megan's POV]

I used the end of my bow and shattered the window in the up stairs bed room. I pulled an arrow back and shot it right into the chest of one of the intruders in the street. perfect. bullets started to hit the house again and I dropped down and took cover. I'm seriously hoping my little plan goes well uh... as planned. when I killed the guy I didn't hit him in the head, so I'm hoping he turns and surprises his friends with some love bites.

I scurried over to the door and down the hall back to the stairs. I peeked my head around to look down and found 10k in the same spot I left him, his whole right side of his face had blood seeping out from a cut in the cheek. we're going to have to sew it later if we make it out alive.

"what did you do?" he whispered at me.

"hopefully made a distraction," I answered. the gun shots stopped and it was quiet as I waited, listening for something. I heard a scream and more gun shots and I jumped up and grabbed 10k's wrist and pulled him to the back yard. we grabbed our stuff and took off out the screen door. I ran across the yard and hurdled my self over the fence into another yard. I waited for 10k and we ran out the side gate and into the street. we ran about a block and snuck into an alley and stopped to catch our breath. I dropped my bag and put my hands on my knees leaning over.

"the whole using the infected as a distraction thing, that was uh... pretty smart," 10k looked me, face gory.

"ya," I said giving a thumbs up. I took a deep breath and sat back up, his cheek was still bleeding a little bit as I picked my my bag and unzipped it. Digging around a sec before pulling out a little white box and opened it in my hands.

"now or later?" I asked him. he thought about it and looked around the area.

"not here, let's get inside," he said. I nodded and grabbed my stuff and followed him down the alley. we broke into a locked house and locked our selfs inside. we quickly cleared it making sure nothing else was in here with us and finally I dragged him to the bathroom.

"sit," I ordered. he did what I told him and sat up on the bathroom counter. I grabbed my mini first aid kit and set it on the counter next to him and opened it pulling out a curved needle and some black string.

"this might suck," I warned him.

"just get it over with," he sighed.

I set the needle down and pulled some tissues out and soaked some peroxide on it and started to dab it lightly onto the cut. he flinched at first but eventually he sat still and let me work. once I got it cleaned up and looped the string through the needle, I stood between his legs which I found a little uncomfortable but it made it easier reach his face. I've stitched up lots of cuts like this in the past so this shouldn't take me very long.

about 10 minutes later and me telling him to stay still I finally finished leaving him with 5 stitches in his cheek. I'd say it won't scar but we won't really know until the stitches come out. I put a small bandage over it so it wouldnt get infected.

"there you go, all done," I said. I went to step back but he grabbed my wrist gently. I looked up at him as he held my wrist up.

"thank you..." he said. I nodded my head and he let go and stepped back. I put my kit away as he slid off the counter and looked at his face in the mirror. he shrugged before walking out of the bathroom.

"we should stay here and rest for the rest of the day," I said. I turned to the doorway and found 10k standing there with his back pack on his shoulders.

"we've barley gone anywhere, let's keep moving. The father we get away from this place the better," he said.

"if you insist," I sighed. we searched the house and didn't find anything and then we found our selfs in the garage. a small grey truck was parked in front of us, it looked in good condition. 10k walked to the drivers side and opened the door, it not being locked. I watched as he opened the glove box and dig around and  groan in frustration. I looked at the wall next to me and found a set of keys hanging on a hook. I smiled and pulled them off and found a black car key on the ring.

"try this," I said tossing the the keys over to him, taking them and trying the key in the ignition. when he turned it the car roared to life and 10k smiled and pulled his door shut.

"get in," he smiled. I opened the garage door by pulling a string hanging down from the ceiling and climbed into the passenger seat. we backed out of the drive way and drove. maybe now we can get across this town and back to the safe haven of the woods on the other side. now that I began to think about it this might have been for the best, new trees, new area, new hunting grounds. But this time, I'll go deeper in the woods so that nobody finds me. I'll be alone, again....

hey guys hope you like it the picture above is just a zombie so enjoy.

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)