chapter 23

*10k after being infected by anthrax*
>we hit 1000 reads!!<
[Megan's POV]

we carried 10k into the barn where there was many people lying in bunk beds with these giant holes in their faces. you could here a few of them even choking on their own blood...
a women came up with half a pill and a glass of water and gave it to 10k and walked away.

"why only half?" Warren asked.

"we do not have much left we have to ration," the blonde man said.

a women came up to us and whispered something in the mans ear and he excused him self from us.

"is half a pill gonna be enough?" I asked.

"no... all it's doing is keeping them alive and suffering longer," Doc said.

"and how come I didn't get I had it on me to?" I asked them.

"well when I was in the national guard we where vaccinated for just about everything so..." Warren said.

"same, I was in the navy," Doc said.

"well, my dad was is the Military before I was born so could he have passed it on to me?" I wondered

"possibly," Doc shrugged.

"well if we want to get out of here where gonna need more of that medicine," Warren said.

somebody cleared his throat next to us and we turned seeing the blonde man. I still have yet to learn his name...

"there is pharmacy in town, I take you yes?" he offered.

"I'm in," I said.

"meet at the truck in 10," Warren said walking out.

I kneeled down to 10k on his small bottom bunk and looked at him. he already had those weird red scabs showing up on his face. I felt his forehead and he was burning up and I grabbed a cloth next to the bed out of a bowl of water and placed it gently on his head. 

"well be right back with more medicine ok," I told him.

he weakly shook his head and shut his eyes and I got up and headed for the truck. Doc was in the driver seat and Addy in the front leaving the blonde man in the back.

"I'm gonna stay hear keep an eye on 10k and Murphy," Warren said.

I nodded and hopped into the bed of the truck and banged on the side saying I was ready to go. 30 minutes later we rolled into a town and passed a few Z's along the way in the streets. we pulled up into a small lot next to a small building with a sign saying 'drugs' on it.

I got out and led the way in whistling to see if anything was wondering around inside the store.

"honey I'm home!" Addy called out holding her bat.

"h-here zombies," the man stuttered.

I followed Addy to the side and Doc started checking the shelves. the blonde man was holding a black box and I watched Addy hover over him and stare awkwardly.

"uh those are condoms, you know, for sex," she tried to explain.

"I know," the man said.

"oh... uh sorry I just thought you couldn't until marriage," Addy said.

"yes, but now women do not want marriage so rule no longer applies," the man shrugged.