chapter 48

[Megan's POV]

***2 days later***

I was walking into the living room when I heard 10k yelling something from inside the bathroom to me.

"can you get me my other shirt from my bag?" he yelled.

"ya!" I answered.

I found his bag on the floor in the bedroom and I bent down and picked it up and started digging threw it. I pulled his black t-shirt out and it was rolled up into a wrinkly ball so I shook it out sending something flying across the room. what was that? I walked around to the other side of the bed and found a red bandanna laying on the floor. I picked it up and studied it, why did it look so familiar? something clicked in my head and I pressed the old thing against my nose and could smell the smokey stench of an old friend on it.

"did you find it?" 10k said walking in the door in just his pants.

he stopped and froze seeing what I had in my hands.

"I can explain..." he said.

"how long have you had this?" I said stepping in front of him.

"a few days but-"

"a few days! are you kidding me! how could you keep something like this from me?" I yelled.

"where happy here Megan! that's why?" he said.

"that's not good enough," I said throwing the bandanna at him.

I brushed past him and grabbed my bow on the way out the door. I glanced over at Dean in his drive way working on his car and he noticed me and could probably tell I was pissed. someone grabbed my arm and twisted me around and I looked up at 10k who had took time to put his shirt on.

"babe please I-"

"no," I cut him off, "I dont want to here it. they where my friends to 10k you had no right to keeping this from me".

"they left us behind? remember?" he informed me.

before I could argue back there was some commotion over at the front gates. I looked at 10k and he knew this wasn't the end of this discussion and we headed over to the front gate.

"Is it a Z?"

"I dont know just shoot it!"

"Im not a damn zombie!" a familiar voice yelled.

me and 10k traded looks before running to the gate.

"dont shoot him!" we both yelled.

the gate slowly opened and I pushed threw the people and stood in front staring at that familiar ugly face.

"Murphy...?" I nearly whispered.

"hey Pocahontas, good to see your not dead," Murphy smirked at me.

***few minutes later***

I paced back and forth in the condo as Murphy sat down stuffing his face into a sandwich.

"where are the others are they alive?" 10k asked.

"last time I seen um," he said with his mouth full.

"Murphy what happened!" I said getting irritated.

"we where a couple towns over from here before that giant heard of Z's caught up to us. so for my own survival I took off and found my way here," he shrugged.

"you left them?" 10k said shocked.

"ya," he said taking another bite.

I rubbed my face and 10k pulled me aside from Murphy.

"we have to go find them," he told me.

"didnt you hear him? the fallout is coming this way we need to stay and protect these people," I told him.

"we need to find the group...?" 10k pleaded.

"I cant... I've built to much here to let it go," I mumbled

he didn't say anything back he just looked at me with sad eyes and nodded his head. he turned and went into the bedroom and a few minutes later came out with his backpack and sniper in his hand. I walked behind him and Murphy who was complaining cause he didn't want to go back until we reached the front gate. the gate was open and they stepped out side as I stood behind the fence.

"so I guess this is it?" 10k said sadly.

"I guess it is," I said pushing the tears in my eyes back.

he didn't say anything else and simply turned away and walked off the side of the road until I couldn't see him anymore. then the tears fell... I cant believe he's actually gone... for good this time. something touched my shoulder making me flinch until I seen Dean standing beside me with his hand on my shoulder.

"why didn't you go with him?" he asked.

I wiped the tears off my face and looked at him, "the fall outs heading this way, we need to get ready," I said making an excuse.

in reality, I told my self I would never have to go back out their again. I was afraid of what would happen if I was forced to live out there again... scared, that this world would take everything and everyone I love and rip it away from me just like it has before. and now here I am watching the last thing that I cared for the most walk away. just like that, gone... and now I'd probably never see him again...

hey guys hope you liked it. poor Megan and 10k. if you don't remember the fallout is the giant heard of zombies that citizen Z said was miles wide.

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)