chapter 32

***poor Megan***

[Megan's POV]

a small fire was burning next to me as I stood up leaning against a tree. I felt another tear slip down my cheek and I stare up into the sky at all the stars. for some reason they made me feel better knowing they where looking down at me. memories started reappearing in my mind as I remembered every detail.

>>>flashback<<<

"do I have to?" his small voice asked me.

"its eat or be eaten Sammy," I told him.

we stared down at a raccoon with an arrow sticking out of it side. It squirmed around in pain begging for death, Sam held my silver knife in his shaky hands as he sat on his knees next to the dying animal. now I could of just had mercy and killed it with one shot but Sam needs to be able to do this kind of thing... he closed his eyes and lowered the knife into the raccoon's head and it stopped moving finally at rest. I squeezed Sam's shoulder before I picked up our dinner and took the knife out of Sam's hands.

"ok, now come watch how I skin it," I said it.

>>>end of flashback<<<

I turned around and pressed my forehead against the tree and felt the tears flow. I was so hard on him, no kid should have to go threw that. I was so pissed at myself, I punched the tree with my fist over and over letting my anger out until my fists bled. once I stopped my hands where shaking and blood dripped from the open cuts and they where bruised.

I heard something move in the bush next to me and I picked up my knife and waited for it to be seen. a Z walked out and slowly walked towards me and I could feel that anger starting to come back so I pounced on the Z and shoved the knife into its head scrambling its brains. I pulled the knife out and stabbed it again... and again...and again.... until I lost count. I was an emotional wreck... I rolled off the Z and put my head between my knees and sobbed. I just needed this day to be over already...

***

[10k's POV]

the group was packed up and ready to go the only thing we where missing was Megan... I headed into the woods where I left her and wondered off a little bit until I could see a small fire up ahead. I walked threw the bush at a horrific sight... a Z was laying on the floor its face completely smashed in. I looked over to Megan sitting against a tree her head between her knee's with her arms wrapped over her head. I couldn't peel my eyes away from a bloody spot on the tree above her head, what happened why she was alone? I keeled down next to her, I laid my hand on her back and she jumped before realizing it was me. she looked awful... her eyes where bloodshot, she had dark bags under them, she most likely didn't get any sleep. I noticed her fists as she held her knees and I picked one up and examined it. they had dry blood all over them with bruises and I could feel them shaking in my hand.

"what happened?" I asked concerned.

she sniffled and looked up at me, "I-I punched a tree,".

I looked up at the bloody tree and realizing she really did punch a tree.

"im such a mess..." she whispered.

I cupped her face with my hands and looked at her, I didn't say any thing... I didn't need to. I pulled her into a hug and I just wanted to stay like this forever.

"im sorry!" she cried.

"dont be..." I told her.

I pulled her to her feet and we made our way back to the group. they all watched as we walked up and I gave them all a look meaning dont ask. last thing Megan wants to do is have to answer there questions. but of course... one of us just couldn't keep their mouth shut.

"what happen to you?" Murphy asked probably not even caring.

Megan stopped and slowly turned to face him, "every time I look at you... all I see is sadness, loneliness, hate... I use to wonder what made you that way, but now all I wonder is how I got that way... you let yourself think you can be happy but in reality... everybody dies, everyone leaves you..." .

Murphy stared blankly at her, I was just as shocked. where did that come from? I turned Megan to face me and I stared into her eyes, she looked at me, but its like she wasn't...? almost like she was just staring right threw me.

"Megan... are you ok?" I asked.

"no... I dont think I've been ok for a long very time," she answered

ok now I was seriously starting to worry... I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bed of the truck and we all awkwardly got into the cars and started driving. I laid Megan's head in my lap and she curled up as I stroked her hair.

"I cant do this anymore..." she whispered.

"where gonna get through this ok, I promise," I told her.

she was quiet for the next few hours.

IM SORRY! I know this was a sad chapter so I hope it was even good! remember to follow me!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)