chapter 54

[Megan's POV]

I woke up leaning forward realizing we where stopping. I lifted my head off Deans shoulder and got a glimpse of 10k watching us through the front window. a nervous feeling settled in my stomach for a sec knowing I was gonna hear an earful about it later.

"how long was I asleep?" I asked rubbing my face.

"4 maybe 5 hours," Dean answers.

my jaw dropped as I was shocked we drove for that long with no stops no nothing. I was mostly shocked I was finally able to get some sleep. then I felt a bit bad because I probably made Deans shoulder tired. I shrugged it off and decided to spend this new energy I had on something useful. like killing zombies.

I didn't bother looking where we were at I just grabbed my bow and started shooting. As soon as I stepped out of the car door I was greeted by a snarling sound, I gripped the arrow in my hand tight as I shoved it into the temple of the Z and ripping it out and knocking it onto the string of my bow. a few yards in front of me there was another Z and I pulled my bow back taking it out. I reached for another arrow out of my quiver on my back and knocked it onto the string and aimed it at a different Z to my left farther out. I haven't used my bow this much since I was at the town... I let the arrow go and I missed the Z's head hitting it in the chest. I stopped and froze a sec just staring at it walking towards me an arrow sticking out of it. I missed...? I never miss...

next thing I know that Z is right in front of me and it reaches its hands out towards me but just before it can grab me and brisk of wind goes past and it's lying dead at my feet. I turn my head seeing 10k a few yards away with his sniper to his shoulder, he was staring at me with a scared look on his face. I took a small step backwards kicking something and I turn around and gasp at what's behind me. a dozen or more zombies were laying dead behind me almost all of them with arrows in their skulls, they were my arrows...? but I only remember there being three? when did I kill all of these!

"Megan..." 10k asks now a few feet from me.

I turn back around and face him, behind him back on the road the rest of the group just stared at us, at me.

"babe, I just want you to hand me the bow ok?" 10k talked slowly to me holding his hand out.

Dean was the only one with the guts to approach me slowly now standing behind 10k. I looked down at my hands and noticed that they where covered in blood splatter. I touched my cheek feeling more blood smear across it, zombie blood. I looked back up at 10k and willingly handed him my bow and he quickly handed it back to Dean. then 10k wrapped his arms around me and I clung to him feeling my limbs start to shake. I was scared, something I don't deal with as much as people would suppose but this... this is what true fear feels like, and it's me that I'm afraid of.

[10k's POV]
***flashback back***

The car began to stop and I looked back seeing Deans car slow down as well. we were finally stopping and taking a break. we were on a small road that's been a few miles so far, I think where close to the ocean. I was sitting up in the sun roof of the suburban when we fully stopped. I looked back again seeing Megan wake up from sleeping on Deans shoulder, I felt a pinch of jealousy rise up in me but I tried to shove it back down with happy thoughts. next Megan got out of the car with her bow in hand, there were at least a dozen Z's lingering on a hill just off to the side of the road we were on.

first Megan killed the Z by her door with an arrow before shooting another with it. at first it was normal until she headed towards the hill were more of them walked around. where was she going there's to many of them by her self?! I ducked down out of the sun roof and slid out of the passenger door confused on why nobody was realizing what was happening.

I ran to the side of the road and looked down the hill. half of the zombies were already dead? Megan had her knife in her hand as she stabbed a Z in the face once or twice and dropped it grabbing an arrow and shooting another. she held an arrow in her hand and shoved it into another Z leaving the arrow in its head as it fell. there was only one Z left and she had an arrow on her bow aiming it up at the last Z. she hesitated at first with this frustrating look and soon she let the arrow go but it missed its target. I've never seen her miss before...? she was just as shocked as I was and didn't move when the zombie was about to grab her. I acted quickly and held my sniper to my shoulder and killed it just in time.

she turned her head and looked at me and she had blood splattered across her face. she looked confused and lost. I was a little scared I had to admit, I've never seen her act like this? so aggressive and looking for trouble. I slung my sniper across my shoulder and slowly walked towards her. she wasn't paying attention to me she was staring down the hill of dead zombies like it was her first time seeing it.

"Megan..." I called out.

she looked back over to me and I noticed she was shaking.

"babe, I just want you to hand me to bow ok?" I asked her.

she looked down at her hands shocked when they were painted red and then she swiped at some of the blood on her face like she had no idea it was even there. I heard footsteps behind me I took a quick glance back seeing Dean by my side. I focused back to Megan and held my hand out for her bow and she she handed it to me and I quickly passed it on to Dean. I wrapped my arms around Megan feeling her trembling making me hold her tighter.

I'm soooooorrrryyy it's been to long but I'll try to get more chapters out and about! leave a comment for me I read all of them :)

>>>don't be a a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)