chapter 17

***picture of the black truck the group drives***

[Megan's POV]

"remember what I taught you Emerald..." Tobias said.

I nodded my head, I really hate that name he gave me, and stood in front of the trailer. it's been 3 days.... the group wasn't coming back. this was my first attempt at being bait. Tobias says in order to survive we need to eat p-people. I haven't eaten anything since being here. I feel like a shaky dog.

I took a deep breath and stood in front of the trailer door.

"go," Tobias said behind me.

I looked down at all the taser marks on my wrist and finally moved up into the trailer.

"well aren't you beautiful..." a man said.

he was huge and full of muscle and was standing in front of a bed waiting for me.

"y-you have my pay?" I stuttered.

he nodded his head and pulled out a small bag of pills and placed them on the night stand. I slowly walked over and sat on the end of the bed and the man crawled on top of me and started kissing my neck and I just shut eyes and reached into the pillows above me and grabbed the hidden taser. I turned it on and went to jam in his throat but her grabbed my wrist, that was still bruised, and took it from my hand.

"Bitch! I'll teach you!" the man yelled sitting on me.

he pushed the taser towards me and I was doing my best to hold his hand away. then he was thrown off me and Tobias and Jim, his new second, where inside. the man punched Jim and knocked him out on the couch and then punched Tobias so I jumped up and grabbed my taser from the floor and jumped on the mans back and turned it on the back of his neck until he passed out on the floor.

I was out of breath and I looked up at Tobias who looked disappointed.

"I'm sorry. I'll do it better next time, he was to strong!" I pleaded.

"I love you Emerald like I love all my children, but children must learn from their mistakes," he said holding his hand out.

I bit my lip and handed him the taser and he grabbed my arm and tasered me , again... he held it there for a few seconds and I collapsed to the floor.

"clean your self up," he said walking out.

a felt a tear slip down my cheek as I held my bruised and tingling arm.

it was about an hour later and I was told I had another client... I sighed and followed Jim to trailer 3 and he opened the door for me. I almost fell to tears when I seen Doc standing inside smirking at me.

"shes perfect," he said.

"no rough stuff," Jim said.

I stepped inside and the door shut and I wrapped my arms tightly around Doc. he hugged me surprised at my actions.

"what are you doing here?" I whispered.

"where here to rescue you," he said.

"thank god..." I said.

he grabbed my arm and flipped it over looking at all the taser marks and looked up at me worried.

"what did this?" he asked.

"long story let get out of here," I said.

"wait, I don't here them yet," Doc said.

I listened and soon loud music was playing and gun shots where being fired. I looked out the trailer window and seen the truck coming full speed through the gates and stopping next to the trailer a herd of zombies behind it.

"come on!" he yelled pulling my arm.

when we ran outside Jim grabbed my arm tight and tried to pull me back but a familiar shot rang out and Jim fell to the floor and hole in his forehead.

"gotta love that kid!" Doc cheered.

I smiled and we ran towards the truck dodging zombies as we went and jumped into the bed of it.

"go! go! go!" I heard Addy yelling swinging her self into the passenger seat.

why did she get out in the first place? no time to think the truck hurled forward and skid around getting the hell out of that place. we drove up behind the hill that over looked their "home" and I seen the rest of the group standing their running towards us. when I truck stopping I jumped out and Addy wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her back.

"here I got these for you," she said reaching into the truck.

she pulled out my back pack with all my clothes in it and I seen my bow sitting in the front seat. I sighed with relief knowing it was back in my possession. suddenly I was turned around and staring into his blue eyes. 10k stared at me a second before I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his cold hands touch my bare skin reminding me I looked like a hooker but I ignored it for the moment for I could stay in his hold. once the long hug was over I changed back into my clothes and had a little bit of food, I would of devoured the entire bag of goldfish but I knew I probably shouldn't.

the group had found another car this one a little smaller but this way Warren could drive the truck with me, 10k, Murphy and Doc why Cassandra, Addy, and Mach took the smaller car.

me and 10k decided that we would stay in the back of the truck instead of being squished in the back seat. we sat leaning against the back windows a few inches away from each other. I laid my hands in my lap with my legs extended in front of me. it's been a long time since I was able to relax. it didn't last long when 10k  grabbed my arm and looked at all the taser marks.

"did they do this to you?" he said angrily.

I took a deep breath and looked at him, "that's what happens when you don't follow their rules...".

"does it still hurt," he said gently resting his hand of my forearm.

I shut my eyes nodding my head feeling tears begin to form. I can't remember the last time I cried emotionally.

"there's things I had to do to people... that I'll never be able to undo... the innocent people that I had gotten a fate worse then death, being eaten alive..." I told him.

he looked at me with sad eyes and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into another hug. I accepted it and dug my fave into his chest the tears finally slipping.

"I thought you all left me," I said sniffled.

"I'll never leave you..." he said calmly.

hey guys hope you liked it! remember to follow me for messages and details regarding this story:)

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)