chapter 30

**this guuuy***

[Megan's POV]

"I can't believe where actually doing this..." I muttered.

I tightened my grip on my machete as I stared into the dark green depths of the overgrown green house doors.

"come on it's not far," Murphy said walking in.

I followed close behind 10k as Murphy led the way on a small path. I could see eyes staring at me through the bushes making me uncomfortable. a weird green Z walked out and 10k shot a metal gear from his slingshot at it landing between its eyes.

"1836," he said.

the Z got off the ground and kept coming towards us.

"what... you should be dead?" he muttered.

"that won't work here!" Murphy said holding his head, "if you kill one you have to kill them all".

Murphy stepped in front of the Z and growled at it and it actually moved... we moved past the Z and kept walking threw the thick plants. we passed the batch 46 sign and walked into a very small opening where a Z hanging by vines hung in front of us.

"try not to wake him, get the leaves and the seed pods," Murphy instructed.

I was a little surprised on how much he was into this project. I approached the weird plant and grabbed a seed pod and broke it off. a low growl went through out the green house and I looked up at the sleeping Z and his head slowly rose and he growled at loudly at me.

"hurry!" Murphy yelled.

he sat in front of the Z and grabbed the vines holding him in place. me and 10k quickly stripped the plant of its leaves and seed pods and the Z was trying to move towards us why Murphy held him.

"I can't hold him much longer!" Murphy struggled.

"where good!" I yelled.

Murphy stumbled back wards and I pulled him up and turned to leave but there where Z's blocking the way.

"this way!" Murphy yelled running a different path.

we went to follow but more Z's blocked the the way and Murphy left us behind. I held my machete up and chopped the head of the first Z off and the whole green house rattled.

"these things are all connected!" I yelled.

"come on!" 10k yelled.

he ran passed me and shoved a Z to the side making a way threw. I ran close behind him and we could see the green house door. we ran out but I tripped over a vine and fell in the dirt. the vines wrapped there way around my legs and moved around my shoulder and tightly around my neck.

"Megan!" 10k yelled.

I tried the pry the vines from my neck choking me and I was slowly being dragged back into the green house. 10k grabbed me under my arms and trying to pull me out and they started to pull both of us. I struggled for air and was starting to get light headed from lack of oxygen. another machete went past me and chopping the vines I front of me and 10k quickly unwrapped them from my neck and I took a giant breath in and coughed. I was laying in 10k's lap and I held my sore neck and I caught my breath. I looked up expecting to see Warren but I was shocked when it wasn't.

"are you folks alright?" a taller man said with a Mexican ancient.

10k pulled me to my feet and stood partly in front of me.

"where fine, thanks..." 10k answered.

I looked around and I seen the scientist dude dead on the floor along with another older man. our group was standing together with a bunch of men in black clothing with white skeletons all over them. they all wore these weird masks that covered their face and had a skull on them as well.

"my name is Hector Escorpion, lieutenant of the Zeros," he said.

zeros? I thought to myself. why does that sound so familiar...? we walked over to the rest of the group and I didn't see Murphy anywhere. me and 10k where still holding onto the bags with the seed pods and leaves in them and hector noticed them.

"we'll take those from you," he said.

two of his men approached us waiting for the bags and I slipped a leaf out of one and stuck it in my pocket before handing them the bags.

"sorry to disturb you folks," Hector apologized.

he left a few of his men to now run the place and then left in his pretty black suburban. I relaxed a tad bit when he left and we faced the rest of the group.

"where's Murphy?" I asked.

"I thought he was with you?" Warren asked.

I looked over seeing some of the Zeros going into the green house with gas canisters and  staring to pour them on the plants.

"crap..." I muttered.

I ran around the back of the green house and found Murphy backing up out of a door waving something to follow him.

"Murphy!" I yelled.

I finally seen what he was leading and it was the phytozombie from the green house. I pulled my machete out and the whole group was behind me now.

"I have to save him!" Murphy yelled.

Murphy tripped backwards the the Z was leaning down towards him slowly still attached to the vines inside.

"Addy!" I yelled grabbing the vines.

we both pulled the vines back trying to drag the Z away and I pointed to a fan in the back of a green house and we stuffed the vines in the propellers and watched the Z get sucked inside and exploded covering me and Addy in green yuck.

"noo!!!" Murphy screamed.

"we have to go!" Warren yelled pulling Murphy up.

I could see smoke coming from inside the green house and 10k grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the cars.

"I'll meet you at the car!" I told him

"where you going?" he asked.

"I have to do something!" I yelled.

I ran into the ware house where all the harvesters where and I found the blonde women we had saved with her daughter laying on the floor her head in her lap. I kneeled down next to them and the little girl wasn't looking to good

"it won't be long now..." the mom said.

"it's radiation sickness? right?" I asked.

the mom nodded her head yes and I pulled the leave I had stole and handed it to her.

"it's batch 47, it's not concentrated so she won't overdose. just have her chew on the leaf," I explained.

she smiled a tear slipping down her cheek and she gave her daughter the leaf and she started chewing on it.

"thank you..." she told me.

"good luck," I said getting up.

I ran outside and found the truck waiting for me and I hopped in the bed of the truck with 10k and we drove away back on the road heading towards California like we planned. I groaned trying to wipe the green yuck off me. 10k chuckled and handed me a rag and helped me get it out of my hair.

"you think it's funny," I joked with him.

"maybe," he chuckled.

I wiped a bit on his cheek and he looked at me with his mouth open surprised I did that. I laughed and wiped it off his cheek. he looked at me and leaned in kissing me and then I shut my eyes and leaned on his shoulder relived to finally get some sleep.