chapter 11

***picture above is of 10k***

[Megan's POV]

my eyes slowly opened with bright light blinding me. am I dead...? my eyes adjusted and I was propped up with a few pillows on a bed. I shifted and flinched slowly sitting back down, my upper leg was slightly elevated and my jeans had been torn to shorts on my left leg and a white bandage was wrapped around it. I sat up and studied the room, it was small with Windows covered by drapes and a single nightstand a few empty shelves  on the wall. the night stand had a glass of water and I chugged it down along with some aspirin laying there. I turned my self for my legs hung off the side of the bed my feet touching the floor. I used my arms to help my self up and I supported my weight onto my right leg and hobbled to the closed door.

when I opened it I looked down a small hall way with 3 other shut doors along the way. it hurt like hell to walk down the hall but it's not like I had a bell to ring. when I made it to the living room it was empty and when I looked to the kitchen it was also empty. did he just stitch up and leave? I don't see his stuff anywhere? I looked into the dinning table and found my back pack and my bow laying there. I wobbled over to it and stroked my bows frame.

the front door started to move and I grabbed my knife that had been out and ducked. I watched as somebody walked slowly through the house and was making his way to the kitchen. as he was about to walk past I tried to jump up and surprise who ever it was but ended up dropping my knife and clutching my leg in pain.

"my god!" he yelled.

I looked up and 10k who threw his bag on the table and bent down next me. I let him unwrap the bandage and when he did my stitches had opened up. dam...

"alright come on," he said grabbing my arms.

he pulled me up and sat on one leg and he surprised me when he grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me up onto the table. he pulled out a sewing kit and started cleaning my wound.

"why did you attack me," he asked breaking the silence.

"I didn't know who it was," I shrugged.

he looked up at me, "you thought I left you?".

"I probably would of..." I said truthfully.

"remind me not to get shot," he chuckled.

"how long have we been here?" I asked.

"4 days," he answered.

"what!" I said shocked, "what happened?".

I jumped when he starting stitching my thigh and I tried my best to relax and be still.

"well..." he started.

***10k point of view flash back***

"don't fall asleep!" I yelled at her.

I ran as fast as I could with her in my arms. when her eyes started to shut I began to panic. no no no no! I turned out of the alley and frantically looked around. I was struggling to hold a person a gun and a bow all at once, at this rate we where sure to get caught...

I got onto the street and found a beautiful surprise in front of me. I don't think I've ever been so happier to see that old piece of shit pick up truck we used yesterday. the doors weren't locked and put Megan in the back seat, I got a rag and tied it around her leg tightly. she was loosing a lot of blood...

I started the truck and took off the opposite direction and booked it away from that place. after a little bit I stopped and got out and ran to the back doors. I climbed into the back seats and cupped Megan's face with my hands.

"Megan!" I yelled.

she didn't respond. I put my ear to her chest and then looked for a pulse. nothing...

"no. no no no." I panicked.

I started to push down on her chest and checked her pulse again, nothing...
I tried mouth to mouth CPR and then her chest again. I crossed my fingers when I checked her pulse again. nothing...

I raked my hair with my hands and looked down at her dead body. I slid my knife out and held it tightly in my hand. I was actually gonna have to do this... I held the knife in two hands and held it above her head, I took a deep breath and-

*cough

I stopped and frantically looked at her, I checked her pulse and found one I couldn't help but laugh through the pain. I put the knife away and did a quick stitch job, I'll do a better one when where in a safer place.

I drove for an hour into some small housing areas and pulled the truck into an open garage. I manually shut the garage door and cleared the house out before carrying Megan into the main bedroom and properly stitched her and cleaned her leg. I had to rip her jeans open which she'll probably be pissed about it  later when she wakes up.

***

it's been 4 days so I decided to do a super quick run for supplies and then come straight back. I haven't slept well  and we where low on medicine and food so maybe just a few houses nothing to far. I double checked on Megan and then left the house after securing it.

***end of 10k's flashback***

[Megan's POV]

"you really did all that just for one person?" I asked.

"ya, I did," he looked at me.

my emotions where all over the place, I felt like my knowledge of survival was being tossed around. I was always the lone wolf stalking the woods now here I am wth some body I met a week ago who's already done more then most people ever have for me. I mean he literally saved my life...

"all done," he said.

I looked at my newly wrapped up leg and stared at me messed up blue jeans. 10k must of caught it and he slid his bag over to him and unzipped it.

"I knew you would be pissed about the jeans so why I was out I grabbed a pair I thought would fit you," he said handing me a pair of black jeans.

I held them out and smiled at them.

"thanks," I said.

hey guys hope you like it! leave a comment on what you think will happen next!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)