Chapter 62

***read authors note at end**

[10k's POV]

"How the hell did you get here...?" I muttered still shocked at who was standing in front of me.

He looked awful, his was... Blue? His eyes where twice the normal size and where this wired color. He had a fedora sitting on his head which was weird but he was also wearing nice clothes like he had recently been shopping.

"We got Z's outside," someone said.

"What are they doing?"

I looked out the window and noticed a couple zombies just waiting outside with piles of random stuff in their arms. What where they waiting for?

"Don't mind them their harmless, there helping me carry my luggage," Murphy grinned.

"How did you get here?" I asked him again.

"Warren and that other guy, what was his name? Gerry, grant?"-

"Gavin," I spit out.

"Ya that guy, they ditched me and went off to do who knows what so I found my way back here, I figured you guys stayed put when we stole all your supplies, which I had nothing to do with of course," he rolled his eyes.

We all stayed quiet, we didn't really have the energy to argue with him. I turned my attention to Megan and sat in a chair beside her and held her hand.

"What happened to her?" Murphy said loudly.

He grunted, so I assumed somebody hit hit him, and then I heard mumbling and Murphy whispering "oh".

"I-I might be able to fix this," Murphy stuttered.

I slowly turned in my chair and gave him a deadly look, I really wasn't in the mood for any of his games.

"Knock it off Murphy," Addy hissed.

"I'm serious, if my blood is they key to saving man kind then what happens if we give her some of my blood? Shouldn't my cells or what ever fight off the virus," he said a bit confident.

"We don't what it would do to her," I declined.

"Kid we might have to consider this," Doc spoke.

"No offense but she's gonna die one way or the other, don't you want to say at least you tried?" Dean told me.

"What if it turns her into something else! Someone else..." I responded.

"At least she's be alive," Murphy put in.

I looked at Murphy again, looking at what his blood had turned him into, I would hate myself forever if I let that happen to Megan.

"She doesn't have much time left," Sam said.

I looked back at Megan sleeping, I wish she was awake to answer my questions.
Like would she want this? But then I thought about what I needed, and the only thing I could of, was her. She kept me alive, if she disappeared from my probably short life it's almost like your cutting it even shorter. I had a decision to make...

"How would you do it?" I asked Murphy.

"Bite her?" He shrugged.

"That could work," Doc said hesitantly.

I glanced over at the Z's standing outside with loads of stuff in their hands.

"What about them? Did you bite them to," I asked.

"Them? Nah that's just a side affect for me, all Z's love me," he waved it off.

That was it, I gave one last thought, one more go through before standing up and stepping aside.

"Do it," I said.

Murphy looked shocked at first but then realized I was being serious. He stepped up in front of her a leaned down towards her face.

"Bite her wrist man!" Doc yelled.

Murphy pulled back and rolled his eyes before picking up her arm and staring at her wrist a moment. He took a deep breath before sinking his rotting teeth into her flesh and holding it there a second and then setting her wrist down on the table.

"That's it?" Dean Asked.

Murphy shrugged at him, clearly he had never done this before. We waited a few minutes in silence. I jumped when Megan's body started flailing around aggressively.

"She's having a seizure hold her down!" Doc yelled.

I ran up and held her shoulders why Dean held her legs down. This went on for a good minute or so before she it just... Stopped.

"Doc..." I muttered looking at her still body.

He rushed up and put his hand on her neck trying to find a pulse. His face expression dropped and he looked up at me with a sad look.

"She's gone..." he whispered.  

I felt a tear slip down my cheek, I turned away so I wouldn't have to look. I ran my hands through my hair and tugged at it slightly to try and distract myself.

"Wait...." Doc said again.

I spun around and rushed back over, he still have his hand on her neck and a smiled stretched across his face.

"She's back," he's smiled at me.

***

>>>6 months later<<<

[10k's POV]

A lot has happened in the past 6 months. For instance, we turned the school into one giant safe house. The original gates were sturdy we just reinforced them with sheets of metal we found. We had a functioning green house, a kitchen, and the solar panels still worked keeping everything running. We kept a lot of the school buildings for what they where meant for making it easy to get this place going.

Like the cafeteria was for eating, the office was being used for office things, the health rooms was was our mini hospital. The classrooms could be used for people to sleep in, we cleared all the desks out for spare parts. And we found tents to put up on the football and baseball field for more people to stay. We turned the security room into an armory.

We've been running for almost 2 months and things seem to be running smooth. We use to only have stuff we grew to eat but on one of my food runs turns out this town had a lot of small ranches around it. I found a family still set up on their farm with a handful of live stock, two cows one male one female that was pregnant, six or so chickens, weirdly four rabbits. They where one of the first groups of people to join us at the safe house, thanks to them we got eggs, milk, and rabbit. Later on they where reunited with some old friends.

Being so close to the ocean everyday we have groups of fishermen go out and catch whatever they can and bring it back.

For our group however, we strongly only felt comfortable being in one room. So the classroom that Sam had once lived in was where we stayed. Me, Dean, Sam, Addy, and Doc. Red and Preston wanted their own room next door and who knows what Murphy's doing.

Now I know what your all thinking, Megan... After Murphy bit her, she was still alive. She never turned, all her wounds healed and she was fine, but she never woke up... She's in what I guess you could call a "coma". She doesn't sleep in the room with everybody, she has her own small room in the health building so the people who volunteer as nurses could keep an eye on her. She had to be kept on an IV bag and fed with a feeding tube.

I go visit her as much as possible when I'm not busy, between keeping this place organized and going on runs for supplies. But it's hard so keep 67 people fed and safe, but they all pitch in. We have guards on the roof keeping watch, people outside killing Z's, cooks, ranchers, farmers, nurses, even a few teachers for children. But we make it work, and we get more people every week with new talents to keep us growing as a community. And that's how I'd Ike to keep it, growing.

***the end***

Finally finished the last chapter! I hope it was good but there should be one last chapter for information on something else ;)

>>>so don't be a silent reader<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)