chapter 37

**new outfit time:)**

[Megan's POV]

me and 10k came to an understanding and both agreed not to tell the others and keep a close eye on Gavin. we fell asleep soon after and what felt like minutes go by my eyes slowly opened the next morning and I laid underneath the blanket still surrounded by warmth. I stared at 10k still sleeping close to me and reached over brushing his hair making him wake up. he smiled at me and we heard voices outside and after a few minutes decided to get up. when we lifted the blanket over and sat up the the snow had stopped falling but it left a biting cold air and a pure white layer of snow on the ground.

"morning sleeping beauties," Murphy said rolling his eyes at us.

I sent him a smirk and grabbed 10k's face kissing him a moment and heard Murphy make a barfing noise and I felt 10k smile in the kiss. when we leaned away Gavin's face was almost angry like and I climbed out of the hammock and sat by the fire. 10k placed the blanket over my bare shoulders and sat with me.

"we can collect the snow and boil it for water," Warren said stuffing snow in her canteen.

once we all had full canteens we packed up and got back on the road. we all held the small blankets around us as we continued our hike out of the woods. I must admit I liked when we took the back roads everywhere, sure it might take longer but it's in the center of my domain and we seemed to run into less trouble. but now the winter is here it would be best to get back into the city where there is shelter and a better chance of food. all the animals have gone into hibernation.

we walked a few hours and we stopped in front of a road sign and read over it. the sigh said that there was a town up ahead with a bunch of tourist information that we skipped over. we continued walking until be finally got out of the trees and the woods ended. we walked into the small like town and the first thing we did was start looking for a car, preferable another truck. we tried a few cars we could actually find and none worked. this town was so empty, and I don't mean people I mean anything. no Z's, no cars, not even birds. we walked across a parking lot and 10k tapped my arm.

"look at that," he said pointing at a store.

I looked over and in the window was some of those creepy manikins. it was a clothing store? it took me a minute before the whole group went in and started shopping around. it was kinda awkward shopping like this again, it was something I haven't done in a very long time.

as I looked  around through the clothes racks I started pulling things out. I wast really looking for anything besides a warm jacket. as I walked I passed a jewelry stand and couldn't help but stop and look at what was left. during the first days of this people stole anything valuable thinking they could get rich when really it just got them killed. something got my attention and I stared at a necklace hanging off a little hook in front of me. It had a long silver chain and on it was a black silky tooth shaped charm. I held it in my hand and studied it, I read the tag and it was called a "wolfs tooth" on the top of the black tooth was a small wolf head and the tooth part came out from under it. it was an odd design but I liked it.

"what's that?" 10k asked next to me

"nothing," I shrugged putting it down.

"hey, so you said it was December, but what day is it?" he asked me.

"the 25th why?" I looked at him.

he shrugged, "no reason,".

I grabbed the clothes I had pulled out and asked 10k to come with me to the fitting rooms. I walked into one of the stalls and pulled on a long sleeve black button up shirt and a jacket that was leather but the sleeves where a grey material and at the end placed a black knitted beanie on top of my head. I stepped out and 10k nodded in agreement. he got up came over to me and spun me around to face the mirror. he pulled something out of his pocket and packed it around my neck, it was the necklace... I smiled and he clamped it on and I turned to face him and pecked his lips.

"merry Christmas," he whispered.

"merry christmas," I said back holding the necklace in my hand.

awww there so cute! remember to follow me for updates!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)