chapter 24

*Vasquez!*

[Megan's POV]

it was a new day and we pulled the truck over on the side of a dirt road in the middle of thick pine trees to refuel the truck. I hopped out and opened the back door waking up 10k and Addy.

"morning sleeping beauties," I joked.

Addy opened her door and climbed out, she only had the anthrax thing for maybe an hour before the medicine kicked in. 10k had it a lot longer witch means a longer recover  time.

"where almost running on fumes if we don't find some more gas," Warren said.

"we can check that car up ahead?" I said looking down the road.

a small car was parked on the side of the road maybe half a mile away. you could see anything coming towards you on this straight road...

"I'll go check it out," Warren said.

"I'll go," Addy said picking her bat up.

I watched as they walked down the road and 10k slid out of the truck leaning against it. the scab things on his face where starting to fade away on his cheek. I put my palm up to his forehead and he chuckled.

"what?" I smiled.

"isn't this Doc's job?" he asked joking.

"do you prefer the guy who smells like death and weed," I laughed.

we laughed and Doc smelt his shirt and his face scrunched up and we laughed some more. I looked at Murphy sitting in truck, he looked like crap... his skin was a weird blue color and his teeth where rotted. he looked like a dam Z.

"can I see your scope?" I asked 10k.

he nodded and handed me his sniper and I held it up putting my eye to the scope looking down the road. I could see Warren and Addy leaning over the car trying to pull gas out of it. something was moving in the bushes behind them and moving fast...

"shit..." I mumbled.

"what?" 10k asked.

"blasters." I told him.

I handed him his gun back and started jogging down the road with my bow.

"Warren!" I yelled.

they looked at me and I pointed to the bushes and they grabbed their guns and aimed at it. I stopped running and waved at them to come back and suddenly I was being tackled to the ground. I laid on my back and sat face to face with a blaster laying on top of me. I held my arm under its chin to keep its snapping teeth away from me.

it was knocked to the side and Addy hovered over me with her bat. she pulled me up and the blaster started running at us in this weird crab walk position.

"let's go!" Warren said running another blaster right behind her.

we ran to the truck and 10k was waiting for me in the bed. a blaster cut me off and the others where already in the truck. 2 more blasters where approaching the truck and me being an idiot did what I had to do. I whistled really loudly and starting backing up.

"hey! this way you ugly freaks!" I yelled, "you don't want Doc he's old!" I taunted the Z's.

"Megan come on!" 10k yelled.

"just go I'll make my way into town!" I yelled.

I turned around and bolted into the trees the 3 blasters behind me. I heard the truck skid off down the road and I heard 10k yelling for maybe the last time. I ran threw the trees hearing the Z's right on my heals. 'I need to get to high ground' I thought to myself.

I scanned the trees and found a giant bolder and headed for it climbing to the top. I started down at the blasters starting to climb up and I aimed my bow at one the arrow getting stuck in its head. another blaster had already climbed up and I shoved it off it falling to the ground. I was tackled off the boulder and I tried to catch myself but I awkwardly landed on my ankle and heard a strange popping sound.

I found myself in a familiar situation with the blaster on top of me and the other one coming towards me. a single gun shot went off and I heard it sink into the blasters skull. the last blaster looked between me and where the shot was and I grabbed my knife and chucked it as hard as I could taking the blaster out.

the bushes where the gun went off started to move and I struggled to crawl towards my bow but I froze when I heard the sound of a gun loading.

"try anything I'll send you to walk along the dead," a deep voice warned.

I turned and faced the man who was my savior, to bad he had an automatic rifle pointed at me...

"should I be thanking you or begging for my life?" I asked.

he lowered his gun and held his hand out to me. I looked at him studying him for a moment. he had tan skin, maybe Mexican, with black short hair, and a black bullet proof vest on over his shirt. I finally decided to take his hand and he pulled me up but as soon as I put pressure on my left ankle I almost fell again if he hadn't caught me. he sat me back down as I clung to his shoulders and he slowly took off my combat boot which really sucked and rolled my jeans up. I looked down at my swollen purple ankle.

"it's dislocated, and probably twisted," he told me.

"great..." I mumbled.

with out warning he jammed my ankle in and a spine chilling pop filled my ears and I almost screamed but I bit down on my arm leaving teeth marks. he pulled out a dirty ace bandage and tightly wrapped it and carefully put my shoe back on.

"that a lot of favors for somebody I don't even know the name of," I asked.

"it's Vasquez," he told me.

"Megan..." I said.

"come on we gotta get out of blaster territory," he said holding his hand out.

I took his hand and used my one good foot and stood up keeping the other one off the ground. he wrapped my arm around his shoulder and shockingly picked me up bridal style and started walking.

Vasquez is here! Hope you all enjoyed remember to follow me for other information and details!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)