chapter 39

>so the picture above is what Red looks like. this is actually one of my friends who let me add her as a character so let's hope Red sticks around a while 👍🏻<

[Megan's POV]

it was morning and we where heading out of the house and I followed Red into the street with Cole. they stopped and looked around making sure it was clear.

"what are you guys waiting for?" I asked.

"you'll see," Red smirked.

Cole bent down and pulled up the lid into the sewers, the exact same one we had come up out of. Red climbed down first and Cole offered us to go before him. I climbed down into the semi familiar area and 10k and Cole followed.

"we use the sewers to get around town," Cole explained.

I nodded at the strange tactic but followed behind the two wth 10k by my side.

"how are your ribs?" I asked him.

"better, just sore," he answered smiling at me.

"why are you smiling," I chuckled.

"it's cute when you worry is all," he answered.

I playfully slapped his arm and we continued walking in the dark sewers. the only light coming in was from the gutters on the sides of the road. I was impressed on how large the sewers where since we could all walk side by side and have room to stretch upwards. after a while of walking we finally stopped at a spot where a ladder should have been but it looked like the ladder had rusted away or been destroyed. Red let out a loud whistle and a moment later the lid up above slid open and light blinded me.

"identification," somebody asked.

"it's Red and Cole and a few newcomers," Red answered.

suddenly a thick rope was thrown down slapping the ground by our feet and Red climbed up first. Cole went next and I let 10k go before me why I strapped my bow to the side of my back pack and followed him up. once I was up I looked around, a large metal gate separated the neighbor hood from the rest of the town, on the inside was a bunch of decent sized condos and a few houses.

"you'll need to drop your weapons off over here," Cole said to us.

I looked over at him like he was a crazy person, "excuse me?"

"only our enforcers carry weapons inside the walls," he explained to me.

"well I'm not giving my bow up, you'll have to pry them from my dead-"

"Megan just give them the bow, we shouldn't be here long," 10k said resting his hand on my shoulder.

I huffed before handing my bow to a guy who would put it away for me.

"if I find a single scratch on this your a dead man," I whispered to him.

the guys eyes shot open as he carefully gripped my bow with two hands and carried it off like it was a new born baby. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the terrified guy he looked pretty young to be honest but I wasn't much older.

we handed the rest of our stuff over and Cole was showing us the condo we could stay in until we found our friends. he explained that the best time to try and find them would be during lunch when everybody gathers at one of the larger house they where using as a cafeteria. we thanked him and walked inside our condo and looked around. it was a two bedroom one bathroom and had a small living room that consisted of a small couch that was pushed off to the side and a tiny kitchen with a small round dining table. it was a little cramped but it was really nice anyways. 10k walked into the kitchen and turned on the sink and running water came out. we stared at each other then back down at the running water.