Chapter 58

[Megan's POV]

After we had gotten home from the school I headed to my room and sat on the edge of the bed. I zoned out for a few minutes until I heard the door slowly squeak open. I turned and my heart skipped a beat when I seen 10k standing in the door way. I stood up from my seat and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around his neck and tell him him how God damn sorry I am. But as I went to take he step forward he took a small step back. He was afraid of me... I felt my legs begin to tremble as he gave me one last sad look before disappearing out of sight. My legs finally gave out and I slid down the wall and sat in the corner of the room. I felt numb, unwanted, and useless.

I pulled my sad excuse for a human being up and grabbed my stuff. before heading out of the room I unhooked the necklace 10k had gotten me for Christmas and placed it on the nightstand and slipped past everybody unnoticed. I began walking down the street and towards the high school with my machete in my clenched fist. I wouldn't break my promise with Dean, I'd find his brother and after that I'll go back to a life of solitude high up in a tree where I wouldn't bother anybody ever again. 10k would be free...

It was maybe an hour of walking and I surprisingly only ran into a couple of now decapitated zombies along the way. Soon I was walking inside the school and just for fun I headed into the cafeteria to see if there was anything I could scavenge.

I walked in and the tables had been flipped and chairs were everywhere. I headed towards the kitchen and headed into the back. I looked inside the storage room and found it pretty empty but finally a strange noise was catching my attention. I peeked my head out the kitchen and looked into the sitting area. A group of men were wondering inside, maybe 6, and headed right towards me. I panicked a bit before thinking of somewhere I could hide. I ran to the fridge door and pulled it open and stepped inside closing the door behind me. I had a small panic attack when I realized the fridge still worked and that it was freezing in here. I went to open the door and find somewhere else to go but it wouldn't budge, it was locked... I cursed under my breath and stumbled forward when the door suddenly opened.

"We gotta live one!" A man yelled

I felt hands grab at my arms as the men pushed me around a little before one firmly held my arms behind my back and held me still as I tried to wiggle out of his grip. The men moved back as another came towards me. His face was dirty and he had a brown stubble beard and long hair. He looked me up and down with a small smirk on his face before grabbing my chin and looking me in the eyes.

"Where is it?" He asked.

Instead of an answer I spit in his face and in return I got a hard hit across the face. A few of the men chuckled and the one who was holding my arms was pressing himself against me disturbingly.

"Where is it!" He said again.

"Where's what!" I yelled back.

"This place had tons of food in it before we left and now it's gone. Where did you hide it?" He said.

"It was gone before I got here," I told him.

He gave me one last stare down before he looked up at the man holding me and nodded his head. Soon I was being moved back towards the fridge were another man was holding the door open why I was being held up by my arms being carried in. Struggling, I lifted my feet up and pushed back against the fridge door making the guy carrying me stumble back and drop me. I headed for the door and right as I pushed it open a gun shot went off and skid across the side of my right thigh. I screamed in pain as I landed on the floor but started crawling forward away from the men inside.

I heard the door reopen and two men now grabbed my bruised arms and yank me up. Making me squirm in pain as blood trickled down my leg. They brought me back inside and hauled me into the freezer were they tied my hands above my head from a pipe in the ceiling and I was stuck on my tip toes.

"I'll be back in one hour to see if you've changed your mind," the I guess you could say "leader" of the group said before closing the door.

I shivered and then flinched as I looked down at my leg that was soaking my jeans making it even colder. I knew I messed up cause not only am I gonna freeze to death, my friends have no idea were I am...

[10k's POV]

I must of been sitting on the porch for an hour just thinking. I was shocked I walked out on Megan. She needed me but how could I tell her everything was gonna be alright when I knew it wasn't? We've been through so much but I'm starting to think that may be the problem. I rubbed my temples and suddenly felt someone sit beside me. I looked over at Addy who was staring out at the ocean.

"How is she?" She asked me.

"I don't know..." I told her.

"I looked up to you guys you know that? Jealous that you at least always had each other in the end. Don't throw it away 10k cause people like that don't come around anymore," she looked me in the eyes.

"I love her Addy I just-"

"Then go to her!" She slapped my arm.

A small smile tugged at my lips and I got up and kissed the top of Addy's head and nearly ran through the house and stood at the closed door. I took a deep breath before turning the door knob and stepping inside.

"Megan-"

I froze, there was nobody in here. I looked around and something on the nightstand caught my attention. I picked it up in horror when I seen that it was the necklace I had gotten her, she almost never took it off...

I ran into the living room and found Red and Preston sitting there. I asked if they had seen Megan but they shook their heads no. I ran into the garage and found Dean under the hood of his car.

"She's gone," I said aloud.

He turned and looked at me trying to figure out if he had heard me right but I took the necklace I still had in my hand and held it up for him to see. His eyes widened a bit and we both started at each other. Where did she go?

Hey guys I know it's been a while. But! I hope you enjoyed the chapter if you did leave a vote and follow me for more details and update notifications!
>>>Don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)