chapter 9

***picture of Megan above***

[10k's POV]

Megan was asleep in the passenger seat, she passed out about an hour ago. I've been driving for about 2, where deep into the city, surrounded by tall skyscrapers. it would be dark soon I needed to start looking for a place we could pull over and stay the night.

I didn't get on the highway cause I knew it would be jammed up with abandoned cars. we rolled down the street passing zombies along the way, there where more of them in the cities. we drove another 30 minutes and the skyscrapers where behind us now and soon smaller buildings where going passed us. the sun was setting and Megan was finally waking up.

"where are we?" she yawned.

"I'm not sure, I'm trying to find somewhere to stop for the night," I informed her.

"what about there?" she asked pointing at a small building.

I pulled up in front of the small building and looked up at the sign.

"a bar...?" I asked.

"come on," she said getting out of the car.

I grabbed my bag from the back seat and climbed out of the truck. Megan was trying to peek in the window and she tapped on it and jumped back when a zombie slammed on the glass from the other side. I couldn't help but smile and she shot me a death glance and I dropped it.

"rock paper scissors?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and held my fist out.

*
*
*
I lost with a rock and sighed pulling my knife out and walking to the door. I gripped the handle of the knife tightly and ripped the door open and the zombie came running out at me. I plunged the knife in its head and ripped it back out leaving the Z dead.

"1476," I said.

"nice," Megan said walking over the zombie and inside.

I walked in after her and shut the door behind me. I studied the inside of the room, there was a few small tables set up in the room and a single wall with empty shelves where I assume there use to be alcohol. Megan's head popped up from behind the bar counter and she was holding a clear bottle with a yellowish liquid inside it. she smiled swishing the liquid around the bottle before setting it down and pulling off the top. she put the bottle to her lips and took a swig of it.

"want some?" she offered.

"umm. I don't drink," I shrugged.

she took another drink and set the bottle back down and ducked behind the bar again.

"check this out," she said standing back up.

she held a small black revolver, she slid the revolving piece out and spun it before pushing it back over and sliding it into her back waist band.

"it's got 6 bullets in it," she shrugged.

I was gonna say something but lights came flashing across the Windows. I ducked down and ran over to behind the bar with Megan. we crouched down and Megan had an arrow ready on her bow, I held my sniper to my shoulder ready to to aim if I needed. the door opened and foot steps came inside.

"come out with your hands up," someone said.

I looked to Megan who shook her head at me and then somebody fired a shot and glass from an empty bottle on the shelve above us fell on top of us. I looked back Megan a little more seriously and this time she nodded yes at me and we slowly rose from behind the counter. 4 men had guns pointed at us.

"lay your weapons on the table," one with short dark hair ordered.

I laid my rifle down slowly and Megan set her bow down. he waved us out from behind the counter and his men started to pat us down for any other weapons. they took our knifes and anything else we had on us.

"arnt you a pretty one," the guy standing with Megan whispered.

"don't touch me," she threatened.

the guy smiled creepily and stroked her hair and she slapped his hand away. the guy looked pissed and shockingly back handed her and she landed on the floor.

"stupid girl!" he yelled.

"hey!" I yelled at him.

I turned and grabbed him by the collar on his shirt and punched him in the face. I felt hands grab my arms and pull me back holding me still.

"you ok Josh?" the dark haired one asked.

"ya David I'm fine," Josh answered.

Josh reached down and grabbed Megan by the hair and pulled her to her feet. I tried to wrestle my way from the two guys holding me but all I did was struggle.

"well arnt you a pain," David looked at me.

he picked up my rifle from the counter and examined it.

"I like it," he said.

then I felt the butt of my own gun make contact with my head leaving me in the dark.

hey guys hope you like it the picture in the beginning is what Megan looks like.

>>>don't be a silent reader<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)