chapter 35

***another picture of Megan***

[Megan's POV]

I woke up when my pillow began to move and I yawned sitting up and looking over. he smiled at me and leaned in and kissed me. it felt like I hadn't kissed him in ages.

"let's go see if we can find any food," he said getting up.

I nodded and followed 10k out of the truck, we must have stopped last night to take a break. we where in a small parking lot and old shopping buildings surrounded us. . Addy was awake and taking watch why everyone else slept. we told her of our plans and walked into the first small store. I think this was a pet store?

"unless you want a dead puppy I don't we'll find anything?" I muttered.

he walked farther in with his knife in his hand. I didn't hear anything inside? we found the back room and walked inside and it was mostly empty except some animal supplies like dog food, cages, and water- water!

"pet stores have fish ya?" 10k chuckled.

I kneeled down at the two large bucket like jugs of water and read the label out loud.

"fresh water aquarium," I read.

I opened the lid and awkwardly smelt it. it didn't smell like any chemicals where in it.

"let's drop this off at the truck and keep going," he said picking one of the two jugs up.

we walked out the door with the water and dropped them off my Addy who was still the only one up. she nodded and we turned around and walked into the next store. this store was much larger, most likely a small grocery store. we walked in carefully and I held my bow with an arrow already in position on the string. I let out a whistle that echoed threw the place. like a triggered reaction the large shelf next to 10k tipped over and landed on top of him.

"10k!" I yelled going to help him.

a Z came up behind me and fell on top of me and I spun around and held it away from me with the handle of my bow. before I had the chance it was thrown off me and somebody picked it in the head. I looked up at Gavin who held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up and I heard a groan behind me and I shot my head over seeing 10k stuck under the large heavy shelf.

"10k!" I yelled running over to him.

I tried to pulled the shelf up but it was super heavy and I couldn't. Gavin came up next to me and helped me pull and when the shelf lifted up he nodded at me and I let go and grabbed 10k's arms and pulled him out from under it. Gavin dropped the shelf it landing with a hard boom.

"oh my god are you ok?!" I asked holding 10k's face.

"ya, just winded," he said holding his rib cage.

I leaned down and hugged him and then helped his stand up and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and helped him walk out back to the truck.

"what happened?" Addy asked standing up with Warren now awake next to her.

"just a little complication," I shrugged.

I leaned 10k against the truck and he kept telling he was fine but I didn't believe him the way he was holding his ribs. I lifted his shirt up and his rib cage had a few large bruises on them.

"ya your completely fine," I said lowering his shirt.

"it's nothing," he shrugged.

"they could be cracked or worse, broken," I told him.

"there not," he said.

"ok, take a deep breath in," I looked at him.

he hesitated at first but took in a deep breath before choking on it and started coughing and clutched his ribs. in a way... that was a good thing.

"their not broken but they are cracked so that means your officially on resting duty," I told him.

he frowned and I sat him down in an old lawn chair we found and told him to stay. I walked over to Addy and she smiled at me.

"how many Z's where even in there?" she asked me.

"just one," I answered.

"One Z knocked that heavy shelf down?" she looked at me confused.

I stirred around in my thoughts re playing what happened. that Z came from behind me? it couldn't have pushed that shelf over.

"I don't know how it fell.... just one minute it fell and the next a Z was on me and Gavin ran in and killed it," I told her.

"Gavin went in before the shelf fell? I heard it a bit after he walked inside," she said.

there where two many questions and not enough answers here. Gavin was harmless.... well to people anyways. I took Addy back in the store with me and we scanned the entire place out. there weren't any other zombies in here, just us. I stood in front of the fallen shelf and stared at it. he wouldn't try to hurt 10k would he? Addy came running over to me excited about something and said there was something I had to see. I followed behind her over to a window where there was a metal gate pulled down with a lock on it.

"what is this?" I asked holding up the beaten lock.

"it's a pharmacy..." she breathed.

I stared at her and back to locked room. if this is locked that might mean everything inside might still be there from day 1. I headed around to the door that was made of metal and I could see scrape marks from previous people trying to get in. next to it was a key combo the buttons wore out. luckily this door only needed a key so the key pad must of been for the metal window in the front. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a Bobby pin and started to fiddle with the door until a few minutes later I heard the satisfying click of the lock turning. I opened the door and stepped inside and a loud alarm started going off hurting my ears. so that's what the key pads for...

"hurry!" I yelled at Addy.

we ran inside and sadly the room was very small and so we started going threw the prescriptions and grabbing all the pain killers and things we might need. we where forced to stop and run back the truck and there where zombies walking towards the others. Addy swung her bat taking a Z down and I knocked an arrow on my bow killing the next one grabbing my arrow as we passed it. everybody was in the truck and me and Addy climbed in and we took off from the once quiet place the alarm slowly fading away in the distance.

"what did you guys do?" Doc asked threw the window.

"we just filled you med kit," I laughed pulling out all the pill bottles.

I heard somebody cheer inside the truck and I rummaged around my pile of pills and grabbed one handing it to 10k.

"take one," I told him.

"no, we should save them," he said.

"there for pain," I begged him.

he sighed seeing I wasn't gonna let it go and took a single pill to make me satisfied. remembering how his ribs cracked I looked over to Gavin giving me a weird look of betray or something as I tended to 10k. maybe that shelf didn't fall accidentally...

hey guys hope you enjoyed! remember to follow meee!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW