chapter 29

*you will figure this photo out :)*

[Megan's POV]

we drove up to a weird fenced up green house and pulled the cars over locking them before we left and head towards the gate. the gate slid open and a guy with a big gun looked at us making me weary.

"you folks here to be harvesters?" he asked us.

we all looked at each other a minute before one of us shook our head yes and he let us inside.

"the others are over there they'll fill you in," he said walking away.

we started walking and suddenly heard screaming and I turned seeing a women on the ground being dragged into a green house by... plants? I pulled my machete out and we all ran towards her and 10k grabbed her hands and pulled and I swung down on the vines that where wrapped around legs and a loud growling sound came from inside the dark green house. the young women had climbed into 10k's lap after he had fallen over and was mumbling thank you to him. 10k pulled her up on her feet and she let go of him.

"thank you," she said brushing herself off.

we followed her into the little ware house where the other harvesters where and the women went to a bed where a little girl was laying down. she looked sick...

"mommy...?" she whispered.

"ya baby I'm here," the women said pushing her blonde hair back.

"did you get it?" she asked.

"no, but where really close I promise," she told her.

I looked around and noticed Murphy walking off into another small ware house and I tapped 10k's arm and we followed him. when we stepped inside there was tables set up with microscopes and little plants on them. on the corner there was 3 Z heads on the table with glass bowls on top of them.

"can I help you folks," a bigger man said breathing in some kind of vape pen.

"where with him," 10k pointed to Murphy.

he nodded and I started looking around and watched Murphy as he was talking to the fat man.

"thee Murphy!?" I heard him yell.

I looked over to them realizing Murphy had just told him who he was and though oh great. I listened to them as the man started talking about the green house and how they used zombies as compost to grow basically marijuana but they called it "Z weed" to try and cure the zombie virus.

"batch 47 is somewhere in that green house I just need to get my hands on it and test it," the man said.

"and how does the stuff you even have now work?" I asked.

"here, try it yourself this is out latest stuff," he said handing me his mod vape pen.

I took the pen from him and stared at it before taking a hit from it seeing 10k's face look shocked at me. he probably had no idea I evened smoked here and there.

I breathed a giant cloud of vape out of my lungs and couldn't help but smile and take another big hit. the man started to chuckle as I took my third hit.

"ok I think you've had enough," 10k said taking the pen from me.

"heeeey..." I pouted at him.

"I'm starting to like her," Murphy laughed.

I slowly laughed at him and 10k grabbed my arm looking at me.

"is she high?" he asked.

I put my finger on his chest and looked at him giggling.