chapter 46

*photo is of broken glass*

[Megan's POV]

the next morning I started to wake up and get ready for my morning routine. as I sat up I got a bit head rushed and I felt 10k shift next to me.

"your not going to work today..." he told me.

"why not?" I asked him.

"Megan for gods sake you just got stitches in your head!" he got upset.

"what am I suppose to do? nothing!" I huffed.

"yes, nothing, just rest please," he pleaded.

I frowned and stared at him a minute before getting up and shutting myself into the bathroom like a grumpy 5 year old. I know he's still pissed at me for some reason having something to do with the fact that Dean left a flower for. or maybe it was because I refused to let him throw it away... a gentle knock came at the door and I stuck my head out and looked up at 10k.

"why don't you come to gun training with me today. but only if you promise just to watch," he offered.

I thought about it before nodding my head and getting my things together for the trip. the class had to drive a few miles away from town for they don't attract to many Z's.

we headed to the gate together and met up with today's class. it was a pretty small class, couple young teens and some older folks. but one person in particular stood out to me... she had long blonde hair with tan skin and blue eyes. she was so skinny I would be afraid if I touched her she'd break, a real life Barbie doll...

"hey 10k," she smiled as we walked up.

"hi Zuri," 10k replied.

so where on a first name base with this chick? I've never heard of her, who is she I'm positive I could kick her ass.

"Megan this is Zuri," he introduced me.

"so your who he told me about," she smiled widely.

I'll slap that dumb smile right off her face...

"wish I could say the same," I forced a smile looking to 10k who looked guilty.

we all got into two suburbans and of course Zuri sat with us so I shoved myself in the middle seat separating them. Zuri talked right threw me as we drove and all I could do was sit there and listen.

a few minutes later we pulled up to a small field and there was a old looking trailer parked in it. we stopped the cars next to this old little trailer and they all started setting up. I took a seat in the shade under the trailer and leaned back in my little lawn chair. I watched the lesson start and almost laughed when Zuri accidentally release the pistol clip and it landed on her foot making her squeal. heh this trip might not be so bad after all.

a good ten minutes later Zuri still couldn't hit her target witch was a glass bottle sitting up on a post. so 10k went over to her to help her out. I sat up in my chair and observed the two closely. 10k stood behind her and raised her arms up helping her aim up the site and when she pulled the trigger it hit the bottle making it shatter. Zuri cheered loudly and turned around and hugged 10k tightly and jumped up and down.

anger was rising up in me as Zuri evilly smirked over at me and I rose from my chair and got over there.

"what's wrong?" 10k asked me.

"let me see the gun," I asked him.

he gave me a weird look but handed me the pistol anyways. I haven't shot a real gun in quiet a while. I raised the gun at a bottle on the post and lined it up in the sight squeezing the trigger and destroying the bottle. I smiled before handing 10k back the gun and eyeing Zuri as I went back to my chair.

I could feel 10k's disappointment digging into me but I tried to shrug it off. at least she was quite now and not complaining.

we didn't stay for much longer when infected started rolling in so we packed it up and got back in the cars. 10k placed himself in the middle seat separating me and Zuri. he was probably afraid I'd pop her in the mouth or something. which he should...

when we got back the sun was slowly starting to sink in the sky coloring it with pinks and oranges. we all climbed out of the cars and stretched before heading back to where ever. 10k walked at a fast pace ahead of me and I did a slight jog to catch up to him.

"what's up?" I asked him.

he stopped half way up our walk way to the condo and faced me.

"what's wrong? what was that all about with Zuri, just had to show off! it seems every time you do you come back almost in pieces Megan! where does it stop!" he yelled at me.

I sat there shocked at his attitude and it easily brought out the one of my own.

"She deserved what I did and your no better letting her rub up on you cause from where I was standing you could see her evil little smile from a mile away!" I fought back.

"so your jealous?" he asked me.

"there's nothing to be jealous of, I'm just pissed," I told him.

"you know what, I just can't handle this right now," he shook his head.

"you can't handle me? so that's what you think of me just some mess you need to handle? fine, enjoy the house tonight," I said pissed.

he didn't argue back and actually left me standing there as he went inside and shut the door. my jaw almost dropped but I turned my head to somebody clearing their throat.

"you ok?" Dean asked standing in front of his house.

"I'm just great," I said sarcastic my eyes watering up.

he walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and let me inside his place. I sat at the table and rubbed my face and Dean set a glass of water down next to me. he pulled a chair up and say next to me.

"thanks," I sighed.

"no problem, you can stay here if you want tonight in the spare room," he offered.

"ya, that be great," I sniffled.

Dean lifted my chin with his hand and I looked into his hazel eyes and he wiped a tear from my face. we just glazed into each other's eyes for a minute before suddenly he leaned in and I felt his lips meet mine. not a doubt in my mind I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck and we stood up from my chairs. he lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around him as he held me up not breaking the kiss and then I felt myself being laid down on a soft surface. we had made it into the bedroom. I lifted his shirt off feeling his skin and then started to feel mine rise up. this was indeed going to be an regrettable  night, but at that moment... I didn't care...

AHH plot twist! but for how long? Hope you guys liked it and don't forget to drop a vote :)

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)