chapter 28

[10k's POV]

we've been driving a few hours now and Megan had her head on my shoulder sleeping with my arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"look at that..." Warren said pulling the car to the side of the road.

I leaned over a bit looking out the windshield and could the truck parked on the side of the road. we stopped behind it and I moved Megan over for I could get out and go check out the truck. Warren opened the door and pulled out a spare key and turned it in the ignition but it wouldn't roll over to start.

"out of gas, let's hope he didn't find the extra," she said.

she opened the back door and dug under the seat pulling out a red gas canister and shook it still finding it was half full. we refueled the truck and I laid my hand on the hood of the engine and it was still a little bit warm.

"they haven't been gone long maybe we should check the area?" I told Warren.

I looked around and there really wasn't much to look at except fields and hills.

"we can go check that out," Addy said pointing.

I looked seeing another just random house in the middle of nowhere down a dirt road.

"Addy, 10k you come with me Doc you stay here with Megan," Warren said.

I looked in the car where Megan was still sleeping and then sighed following them down the dirt road.

[Megan's POV]

I woke up and looked around finding everybody gone except Doc sitting in the front seat. I sat up and brushed my hair back and noticed the truck parked in front of us.

"where is everyone," I yawned.

"done the road looking for Murphy," he answered.

gun shots started going off in the distance and I started to worry. I could see Doc's expression to so we where on the same page.

"ok, I'm gonna go check up on them you stay here," he said getting out.

I was about to protest but he was already gone and leaving.

"ughhhh!" I whined.

I felt so useless right now... I listened to a few more gun shots and then they all just stopped... I listened for a minute listening for anything, a gun a shout I don't know something. I stared down the little road looking for anybody and when I seen somebody come into view it wasn't who I wanted to see...

Vasquez came running down and on top of that he was headed for me... well the car at least the windows are super tinted. I pulled out my knife and slid behind the drivers seat. he pulled the door open and got in slamming it shut and started looking for a key unaware I was in the back seat. I swung my hand around and pressed my knife tightly against his throat and he froze.

"miss me?" I said in his ear.

"a gift basket woulda been fine," he joked.

the group started running down the road towards me and they had Murphy with them.

"Warren!" I called.

they ran over seeing the little rat I had caught in a trap and pointed there guns at him. they pulled him out of the front seat and into the dirt pulling any weapon off him. 10k opened my door and cupped my face in his hands.

"you ok?" he asked.

"ya, I'm fine," I told him.

he laid his forehead on mine and we sat there and minute before we tied Vasquez's hands together and they threw him in the truck.

"why not just kill him?" I had to ask.

"cause that's not what we do, where still people," Warren told me.

we split in two Warren, Addy, Murphy, and Vasquez getting in the truck why the rest of of stayed in the suburban.

>>>few days later<<<

I sat on the hood of the truck and watched as 10k held a heavy satellite above his head why Addy tried to get a radio working towards citizen Z. I looked around noticing two zombies slowly walking towards us.

"we got some fans," I said hoping off the car on my feet.

I walked towards the Z's pulling my machete out of its sleeve from my side and gripped it tightly. I swung hard to the left killing the Z on the right and spun around stabbing the other one threw the forehead. I shook the blood from my blade off before sliding it back into the sleeve. when I walked back to the others Addy had finally gotten contact with the Z dude but we lost connection right as I got there.

"what he say?" I asked.

"that there's a lab in Missouri... we might not have to go all the way to California!" Warren said happily.

"that's only a days trip away maybe two. let's get a move on!" Addy said.

I headed towards the truck and caught Vasquez staring at me from suburban window. Doc and Addy got in that car why me, Warren, 10k, and Murphy got into the truck.

I climbed over the side getting in the bed and 10k joined me. he tapped the side of the truck as we sat down  and we started moving. I leaned against the back window and 10k wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"so long Wisconsin..." I muttered.

hey guys sorry I didn't post earlier but hope this short chapter was good! remember to follow me!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)