chapter 40

[Megan's POV]

It was late and me and Red just finished collecting our arrows from the other side of the wall and already back inside them.

"if you need anything you know where to find me," Red said before leaving down the middle of the street.

I frowned as she walked away with my bow but it was the rules. I sighed before making my way back to the condo. the lights where on as I walked inside and shut the door locking it behind me. I looked around the living room finding it empty and started turning off lights and finally made my way to the bed room. I smiled at 10k sleeping and I slipped my shoes off before climbing into the bed under the covers next to him. I never thought I would feel the feeling of getting to sleep safely in a cozy bed. I cuddled up next to 10k and shut my eyes going to sleep.

the next morning I woke up greeted by beautiful blue eyes staring down at me. I smiled as I propped my self up on one elbow and kissed 10k.

"morning," I yawned.

"morning," he said back.

"what time is it?" I asked.

he leaned back looking at the alarm clock on the night stand.

"7:30, I think breakfast starts at 8" he told me.

I nodded and we both got up and ready to go. we opened our door and was blinded by the color white. it must have really started snowing after I got back... the street was completely covered with snow and kids where playing it. a shiver ran down my spine as a cold wind blew by. I should really look into getting another jacket... to put on top of my jacket.

we started walking and I noticed a guy and girl walking across the road from us hand in hand. I didn't have my bow and arrow excuse anymore so I took this chance and laced my fingers in 10k's. he smiled at me as we walked and I forgot how much I missed somebody holding my hand. Sam use to always hold my hand...

we walked up to the eating area and it was just a regular house and there was a line up that laced around inside the garage. I guess they cook inside then serve outside. there where picnic tables scattered around even in the street for people to sit and eat there food so we jumped in line and it was a bit early still so the line was short. I was served scrambled eggs with fresh fruit and even hash browns from potatoes they grew. starving, we found an empty table and started to dig in, I haven't had food like this in a very long time...

"hey guys," somebody said behind us.

I turned seeing Cole and Red walking up, Cole's arm wrapped around Red's shoulder. are they a thing? they sat with us at our table and we started having a conversation.

"so Megan, I'm making a quick run into town for some stuff I thought maybe you would want to go and look for your friends?" Red told me.

"ya, that be great," I agreed.

"I'm in," 10k said.

"actually, I could really use some help on the wall if you would join me," Cole asked him.

he sighed but agreed to help out and I kissed his cheek before getting up and heading towards the gate. the snow crunched under my feet as we approached the armory condo. we checked our weapons out and I smiled grabbing the handle of my bow.

"here," Red said throwing something.

I caught it and looked at a car key and stared at her.

"let's see if we can figure out where your friends went," she said.

I followed her to a gray truck and climbed in. I started the engine and waited for the gate to slide open so I could drive out. I did my best to explain to Red where we where attacked and she directed me to the spot. I pulled over to the curb next to other cars and hopped out locking the doors. hopefully this stays here.

"they took off down this ally," I said walking over.

I walked into the small ally way and looked around. the snow had swept away any tracks to follow.

"uuhh..." I hear Red say.

I turned noticing what she was staring at. blood. there was a bloody hand print on the brick wall and a pinch of fear struck me. one of them had been hit in the attack.

"look, there's a trail," she said.

and she was right. it looked like who ever it was had used the wall to stay up and left blood prints on it. I walked down the ally and out the other side into another road. we looked around and found more blood on top of a car hood and more as we crossed the street.  we followed the blood a bit farther down the road until it turned into an old cafe. I held my bow and followed Red in the unlocked door with her crossbow up. there was blood covering the ground, a lot of blood...

"Warren?" I called out, "Doc?" no answer.

we looked around and found nothing. I studied the blood some more and it looked like they had dragged who ever it was into the back. I followed the trail and it went into the storage room and I stood in front on the shut door. I took a deep breath before I opened it and gasped at the sight below. there was a bullet in there stomach, a bullet hole in the head. they bled out before they could save his life and give him mercy...

"did you know him?" Red asked me.

"I did..." I mumbled.

DONT HATE ME! I know I cut it off at a crapy spot but you'll know soon enough ;). let me know in the comments who you think died!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)