chapter 31

*picture of 10k*

[10k's POV]

we drove through thick pine trees and I could hear birds chirping as I sat in the bed of the truck the wind going past my ears.

"I'm hungry!" Murphy yelled threw the back window.

"we all are stop complaining," Megan snapped.

the suburban pulled over in front of us and the truck pulled up behind it. me and Megan jumped out and met up with Warren.

"why is everybody yelling?" she asked.

"Murphy was just complaining," Megan answered.

"ya I'm starving you know I have to be ALIVE when I get to California," Murphy argued.

Megan finally snapped and grabbed Murphy by his shirt, "I've seriously had enough of your complaints. at least your still alive!".

"hey calm down!" Warren yelled.

"if I hear one more word come out of his mouth I'll go insane!" Megan yelled.

"back at you Pocahontas," Murphy muttered.

Megan ripped her knife out and held it up to Murphy but Warren grabbed her arm and spun her around away from Murphy.

"I said calm down!" Warren yelled standing in front of Murphy.

"I can't take this any more!" Megan said throwing her hands in the air.

she slid her back pack out the truck and held her bow in her hand. she started walking away into the trees and I reached for her arm to stop her.

"Megan-"

she spun around with her bow pointed at me the arrow almost touching my chest.

"don't follow me..." she said with angry eyes.

I put my hands up and took a step back.

"what's going on with you?" I asked.

she didn't answer me and started backing up into the trees. I heard a gun load and I turned around seeing Warren holding her pistol up. I stepped in front of Warren to keep her from shooting any body. what the hell is wrong with everybody?!

when I looked back Megan was gone and Warren lowered her pistol.

"what's wrong with everyone!" I asked the group.

"she's dangerous, if being a little hungry does that to her I don't want to know what happens when she's starving," Warren said.

"where all hungry! and tired!" I yelled.

I looked at Addy and she was sitting on the hood of the truck and shrugged. I shook my head and grabbed my sniper and headed into the woods after Megan.

"she didn't want to be followed," Warren reminded me.

"I know," I said not looking back.

I walked through the trees until I couldn't see the road anymore. there was movement in the bush in front of me and I walked towards it.

"Megan?" I called out.

I moved a branch of the bush aside and something slammed into me and I fell backwards it landing on top of me. an ugly Z laid on top of me and I held my arm under its chin trying to push it away from my face. its head jerked to the side and I swung its body off me and scooted back in the dirt and noticed an arrow sticking out of it. I looked around and didn't see anybody. I stood up and looked around and then heard a thud behind me. I turned around seeing Megan jumping out of a tree. I felt a little stupid for not thinking to look up.... I guess that's why she does it so much...

"I said not to follow me," she said.

"and you really think I would listen?" I told her.

she didn't answer me and we stood a few feet away from each other.

"what's going on with you? why are you acting this way?" I asked her taking a small step forward.

"it's my brothers birthday today... it's also the same day that this whole mess even started," she said looking down.

I didn't even know she kept track of the days. I lost count about a week into the apocalypse... I guess it made sense why of all days she would be upset.

"Megan im sorry..." I didn't know what else to say.

"he would have been 9 today... in the 3rd grade..." she sniffled.

she dropped her bow and fell on her knees and I walked over and sat down pulling her into my lap and she started crying into my chest. I stroked her hair and held her trying to calm her down. we sat like that for a while before I decided we should start to head back.

"let's go back to the others ok?" I told her.

"no... I need to have some alone time. I'll probably set up my own camp here for the night... meet up with you guys in the morning," she said wiping her eye.

"are you sure?" I asked.

she nodded her head and climbed to her feet and I stood up next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. when we pulled back I grabbed her face and kissed her before I turned to leave.

"be safe, I'll meet you here tomorrow?" I said.

she nodded before grabbing her things and we both walked away. I headed back to the truck and met up with the others who had already set up camp for the night.

"where is she?" Addy asked.

"she's gonna camp out in the woods tonight," I told her.

"is something wrong?" Warren asked in a non concerning voice.

"yes...." I said stepping in front of her, "it's her little brothers birthday today.. he would of been 9, she had to give him mercy when he was 7," I said coldly.

she looked down and I made my point and walked away.

"she's a strong girl," some one said.

I turned seeing Vasquez crouched by the fire his hands tied.

"ya and you used her..." I snipped at him.

hey guys hope you liked it! And remember to follow me!

  >>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)