chapter 33

**heres Gavin**

[10k's POV]

"there should be an outpost up ahead where we can get supplies," Warren said from the inside of the truck.

I sighed and leaned back against the window. across from was Megan leaning against the tail gate twirling a little throwing knife in her hand. I was really worried about her, that breakdown she had that night alone seriously messed her up. I felt the truck start to slow down and we pulled up into a camp. the camp had people walking around drunk and there where trailers set up everywhere. we walked up to the camp and was greeted with a fat short man dressed in a white tux coat.

"heya folks ma names Travis I'm the major of this joint," he introduced adjusting his tie.

we all introduced our selfs... well almost all of us... Megan took off so I followed her and she led me over to a make shift bar and stood in front the bar counter. the bartender was facing his back to us and Megan got his attention clearing her throat.

"hi what can I-" he froze.

him and Megan stared at each other before the bar tender walked out from behind the table and they wrapped each other's arms around each other.

"oh my god I thought you where dead!" Megan cried.

"I thought you where to!" the guy huffed.

"you two know each other?" I asked.

they pulled away from each other but held each other's hands. I haven't seen her smile like that before ever.

"sorry," she chuckled, "this is Gavin, he was my best friend in school,".

Gavin reached out and shook my hand and I shook it squeezing his hand.

"10k..." I told him.

"sorry?" he asked confused.

"oh, it's his name it's how many zombies he's gonna kill," Megan explained to him.

"anyways... what are you doing here! where have you been?" he asked her.

"mostly in the woods until I found 10k and the then the rest of my group a few months ago," she told him.

"is your brother here?" he asked.

she frowned and looked at her feet, "my family didn't make it,".

"aw Megan in so sorry," he said hugging her.

at this rate I actually might take that drink...

"we should probably get back to the others," I said.

Megan looked at me then back to Gavin, "why don't you come meet them?".

I sighed and got up listening to the two of them chat and laugh with each other as I made my way back to the truck. Gavin introduced him self to the group why I leaned against the truck and crossed my arms. soon they where all laughing at a joke Gavin said and Megan was laughing and smiling. he was tall, had longer brown hair and was warring a red shirt under a grey jacket with black jeans. one thing led to another and soon he was talking about how he's been trying to find an excuse to leave this place and Megan did exactly what I feared she do. she turned to Warren and asked if he could come come with us and said he'd be helpful and some thing about being a great mechanic in school.

"ya the more the merrier!" Warren chuckled.

my jaw almost dropped, we know nothing about this guy for all we know he's useless. Gavin caught me staring at him and he came and confronted me.

"is there gonna be an issue with that?" he asked.

I stood up off the truck and stared at him, "how do we know your even useful? why should we trust you?".

he almost chuckled and took off for a moment and came with a black single barrel shot gun in his hand.

"I've known how to shoot since I could hold a gun, I never miss," he said tapping the pistol in a holster on his side.

"neither do I," I threatened.

"ok boys zip it up we get it," Megan said coming between us.

"we leave in 10,"Warren said.

Gavin left to collect the rest of his things and Megan stood in front of me a pissed look on her face.

"what was that about?" she asked.

"what was what?" I questioned.

"don't play stupid why where you up in his face?" she spit.

"I don't trust him," I told the truth.

"your jealous..." she muttered.

"what!? no," I shrugged.

she chuckled and shook her head, "your unbelievable,".

"no what's unbelievable is how you won't talk to me! I just want to help you..." I told her.

she took a deep breath and wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered in my ear.

we got all our stuff together with a little supplies we got and loaded up.

"you can ride with us," Megan said to Gavin.

he climbed into the back off the truck and sat next to her. I frowned but shook my jealousy away and stood up and leaned over the roof of the truck with sniper. I listened to them laughing and thought about how it wasn't me that was doing it.

the twist! Hope you guys like it and enjoy the new comer to the group and remember to follow me!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)