chapter 53

picture of Megan

>>>few days later<<<

[Megan's POV]

it's been a few days and things seem to be going ok with all of us inside one house. Warren and Gavin kept their distance for now and Preston was healing marvelously. the infection was nearly gone and he could stand up with the help of a metal crutch we found stored in the back of one of the closets. we where finally moving out today. I tend to forget that Murphy is the reason we are even here together. he still needs to get to California and we where down at the south side of it. the place we needed to get was higher up north towards the west coast and between all of it was just flesh eating creatures. the fallout had luckily passed us going farther east leaving us to just its stragglers. I believe that one day the fallout will just get so large that nobody will be able to escape and it would just simply wipe everything out. maybe not in my life time but people aren't being born like use to.

I was sitting on the kitchen counter staring into space until something touched my hand breaking me from my thoughts. I looked over at 10k who gave me a worrying look and I simply pecked his lips hoping he wouldn't ask.

"Are you ok?" he asked me.

"Ya, just tired I guess I haven't been sleeping good," I shrugged.

"how long has that been going on?" he said curious.

"after you left..." I said quietly. 

he walked in front of me and placed him self between my legs why I sat on the counter and rested his hands on the sides of my thighs.

"when was the last time you slept," he asked me.

"maybe 2 days I'm not sure," I shrugged again.

"Megan, why didn't you tell me this is getting serious," he looked up at me.

"I thought it would go away now that your here but I don't know what's causing it!" I said.

"And I'm not going anywhere, ok," he said leaning in and kissing my forehead.

I cracked a smile at him and we hugged before people started walking in and out of the room.

"we move out in 5!" Warren yelled though the house.

I sighed and went to check in on Preston since I already had all my stuff packed and ready to go. I knocked on the door before turning the knob and walking in. when I did Red was sitting on the bed with her back turned to Preston who frowned before seeing me in the door.

"you guys almost ready?" I asked.

"ya, we'll be right down," Preston answered.

I nodded before heading back down stairs but before I took down the steps something grabbed my wrist yanking me into the other bed room and the door shut behind me. I caught my balance before turning and seeing Gavin leaned up against the door with his arms crossed over his chest.

"let me out," I squinted my eyes at him.

"can't I just say hello?" he said raising an eye brow at me.

"no," I said strongly.

"Megan please... just listen," he frowned.

"you have 30 seconds," I said.

"I know you think I tried to kill 10k, and the answer is ya I did try to kill him which clearly is a lot harder then I thought. but now I see the way you to move with each other it's finally occurred to me that there's no separating you," he said looking me in the eyes.

I was a bit shocked to hear this but little did I doubt that he had given up that easily. maybe he was just trying to get my guard down for he can strike. well it wasn't gonna fool me, I brought him into this group and I will find a way to get him out.

"no, you don't get to apologize you just admitted to what you did and there's nothing that you can do to change my mind," I said crossing my arms.

he looked at me with angry eyes before banging on the door with his foot. he ran his hands threw his hair in frustration and somebody had heard the commotion and the door opened.

"what's going on here?" Warren said stepping in.

"she dragged me in here and tried to threaten me, when I told her to calm down she kicked the door," Gavin answered instantly.

"what! that's not what happened it was the complete opposite!" I refused.

Dean came into the room next and started to look around at the situation.

"I said I wanted no fighting," Warren looked at me in disbelief.

"Warren I swear I'm telling the truth," I pleaded.

"you know what? I think your just a little stuck up brat who when she doesn't get her way has a tantrum," she said pointing a finger at me.

"excuse me?" I said offended.

"guys please let's just calm it down," Dean said.

"listen here bitch maybe if you get your head out of your ass you would know that he's a lying bastard!" I yelled.

I wasn't gonna make the mistake of charging Warren again due to the results last time I tried to.

"Enough!!" Dean yelled, "get your crap and let's move out,".

Warren huffed before she and Gavin turned leaving the room. Dean relaxed his shoulders a bit and looked at me with anxious eyes.

"what's her deal?" he asked me.

"no clue..." I sighed.

we finished packing and loaded up into the cars. I had to admit I would miss the feeling of being somewhere secure even if it was just a small old house but it beats being in the streets any day. when we loaded up 10k went with Warren, Gavin, and Murphy just incase even though I didn't like it. then in Deans car was him, Doc, Addy, and me.

I got in the front seat and we drove behind the black suburban and I could see 10k's head sticking out of the sun roof wth his sniper in hand. tiredness was weighing down on me and my eyes where heavy but I didn't want to sleep. I yawned and tried keeping my head up.

"you can use my shoulder as a pillow of you want," Dean said keeping his eyes on the road.

" that noticeable," I lightly chuckled.

"the dark rings under your eyes give you away," he said.

I simply shrugged and took his offer and leaned over resting my head on his surprisingly comfy shoulder and felt my eyes start to shut and sleep began drawing me in. maybe this was all just a terrible nightmare and I was about to wake up back in town and everybody was still ok...

hey guys sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoyed it if so leave me a vote!
>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)