chapter 25

*at the end the machete*

[10k's POV]

I paced back and forth in front of the truck keeping my eyes down the road.

"she'll be fine, in case you forgot she was by her self in the woods for over a year she knows what she's doing," Addy tried to cheer me up.

"we shouldn't have left her," I said not taking my eyes off the road.

we where parked in a small town in front of a grocery store in the parking lot. come on Megan where are you... I looked up at the sun that was slowly making its way down behind the mountains in the distance.

[Megan's POV]

"we'll stop here for the night," Vasquez said putting me down.

I held onto a tree branch and looked around. we where at the top of a hill and I could see down where a small town was. the rest of the group had to be stopped their somewhere. they wouldn't leave me would they?

"here," he said holding something out.

I took to water bottle from his hand and thanked him taking a sip from it.

"what brought you to Wisconsin?" he asked me.

"I'm traveling with  a group where trying to get to California but that giant zombie heard keeps pushing us away," I said.

"the fallout?" he said confused.

"is that the name of it," I questioned.

"ya, rumors say it was a refuge camp of almost half a million people where trapped inside and when they finally got out tore down everything in its path," he told me.

I watched him as he put a small fire together and I decided to sit down and lean against a tree. I took my shoe off and gently rubbed my ankle. once the fire was made Vasquez kneeled down next to it and pulled a small box out of his pocket and pulled a cigarette out and lit it.

"want some? it might help with the pain," he offered holding it out to me.

I took it from him and held it between my fingers and stared at it. my dads last dying wish was to have a smoke... I place it to my lips and breathed in the smoke and held it in for a sec before softly blowing it out. I handed it back to him and let him finish it off.

[10k's POV]

I sat in the bed of the truck why the rest of the group was walking around the deserted parking lot just talking. my eyes flickered over to a small light up in the trees on top of a big hill overlooking the town. I got up and held my sniper up aiming at the light. it was to far to make it out clear but it was definitely a fire.

"you see it to," Warren said sitting next to me.

"that's gotta be her I'm going over there," I said pulling my bag over my shoulder.

Warren grabbed her arm and looked at me.

"your no good dead. we'll go at first light," she said.

I didn't argue seeing her point and slid my bag back down. I looked up at the light and watched it flicker a bit in the far distance.

[Megan's POV]

we where up extremely early we barley beat the sun to start rising. I was walking on my own with a stick for a while on the way down the hill but Vasquez got impatient and picked me up again. we where finally at the bottom of the hill and making our way into the small town.

"so where do you think your friends are?" he asked me.

"no idea," I said truthfully.

I heard the sound of a car roaring towards us and Vasquez stopping and eagerly stared down the road. a familiar black truck came into sight and I couldn't help but smile at the sight of 10k leaning over the roof of the truck. I waved my hand in the air and they pulled up next to us and 10k jumped out before im the truck was even fully stopped.

"I'm ok," I said as Vasquez carefully put me down.

10k wrapped his arms around me and my feet where lifted off the ground.

"you crazy son of a bitch," Warren smiled at me.

I saluted her and Addy hugged me and soon they all stared at Vasquez.

"this is Vasquez, he helped me get here, basically saved me from being blaster food," I introduced.

they started doing a little greet and meet and 10k helped me over to the back of the truck and lifted me into the bed.

"I'm impressed, I thought you where gonna be blaster meat," Murphy said from the open back window.

"I missed you to Murphy," I laughed before 10k shut the window.

"so what happened?" he asked me.

I explained to him how I had been chased threw the woods by the blasters and got tackled off the boulder messing up my ankle and if Vasquez hadn't been there I'd be dead.

"never do that again you hear me," he chuckled wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"yes mom," I joked.

"oh here check this out I found something for you," he said grabbing his bag.

he pulled out a long machete inside a holster. I took it from him and studied it in awe.

"whoaaa," I said pulling it out.

it had a black handle and a black blade with teeth on top and the bottom was a razor sharp smooth edge. I put it away and looked at 10k.

"where do you find these things?" I chuckled.

"I have a good eye," he smiled.

we stared at each other and I could see him slowly leaning in. we where only centimeters away and I wanted to kiss him so bad but I pulled away. Doc came up and interrupted afterwards.

"let's have a look at that ankle," he smiled looking at us.

they where gonna kiss!:( hope you enjoyed and remember to follow me for information and details.

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW!:)