Chapter 61

[10k's POV]

I looked at Sam why Megan was passed out on the table.

"Do you two know each other?" I asked.

"No," he shook his head.

I looked down at Megan's face, she looked the most peaceful when she slept. The clicking of a door caught my attention and I stood up with my sniper close at hand. Sam stood up as well and held a pistol at the doors direction as it swung open. I seen who it was before Sam did but before I could tell him it was Dean I heard a gun shot go off.

"No!" I yelled

But it was to late, he shot. I blinked a couple times trying to focus back in so I could make sure he was ok but I was stuck in shock for a minute until Deans words pulled me out of it.

"Sam....?" I heard.

I looked back and forth between Sam and Dean and they gave each other a long stare. Do they know each other to? Suddenly the two guys were walking towards each other and were soon hugging like they were long lost friends why I sat there confused more then ever.

"Your lucky your a crap shot," Dean chuckled referring back to Sam shooting at him.

I peeked over at the wall where there was a bullet hole going through the plaster completely.

"I thought you were dead," Sam said looking Dean over again.

"Ain't that easy to kill me," Dean laughed patting Sam on the back.

"Will someone please tell me what going on!" I said interrupting their reunion.

They both stared at me with straight faces as I still sat in front of Megan who was still out cold. That's when Dean finally noticed her.

"What happened?" He said going into serious mode.

He came up to the table and touched her arm and was shocked at how cold her skin still was. Then his eyes met with the fresh stitches in her wrist.

"Did she do that?" He asked concerned.

"No, she ran into Trev, anther long story for later," Sam said.

"You guys know each other or something?" I asked again.

"Their brothers," a voice whispered.

I looked down at Megan who was waking up again and I gently pushed a piece of her hair out of her face and smiled at her.

"Hey, your awake," I smiled

"We should move, more of Trev's men could be on their way," Sam said packing his things.

Megan pulled herself up and I rushed to assist her when she started getting dizzy.

"Easy tough stuff you lost a lot of blood," I told her.

"I'm fine," she said putting her feet on the ground.

As soon as put her weight down she gripped the table for balance and groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked down and I noticed her blood stained jeans. She was shot, in her left thigh, how could we have missed that?  Megan went pale and I quickly wrapped her arms around my neck and scooped her up as we headed to the car. I gently placed her next to me in the back seat and Sam handed me a towel that I tightly tied around her bleeding leg. She leaned her head against my shoulder and I noticed she was struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Hey stay awake ok," I told her holding her face.

"You know... The first time I seen you I knew you would be trouble. But if you had told me back then that this would be my life I would of shot you there and then and laughed," she coughed mid sentence and wiped her mouth a bit.

"I miss my family... My old life... The only good thing that's come out of this infected world is meeting you, I-I love you 10k," she coughed again.

"I love you to," I smiled fighting the rim of tears threatening to fall, "your going to be fine, I promise".

"Don't make promises you can't keep, we both know I'm far from ok," she whispered.

Her eyes were sunken in and baggy and her face was flushed from any color beside dead white. Her eyes started to threaten to close again but I gently shook her and told her to just keep talking.

"If we had met before all this you think we would be together still?" She whispered.

"The first time I seen you, dangling in that old net, I though you were the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on," I smiled at her.

She weakly smiled at me and raised a hand and cupped my cheek.

"My time in this world is way overdue, just know that I will always love you, a-and I-" she started coughing again, a bit of blood dripping from her lip.

"Megan... Megan!" I yelled as her eyes fell close.

We were pulling up into the driveway and the tears I had been fighting back were finally sliding down my cheeks. I gave Megan another shake hoping, praying, that her eyes would open again. But they didn't...

"Dean!" I yelled for him.

Sam opened the back door and pulled Megan out of the car and rushed her inside. Everybody was confused as we ran through the house and through everything off the table and laid her down.

"Being in the fridge for so long must of slowed the bleeding or even freezed it over to stop but as soon as we pulled her out and warmed her up the blood flow started to pick up again," Sam spoke why ripping Megan's jeans around her wound.

The bullet left a deep cut along the outside of her thigh, nearly an inch of flesh was gone... then there was the blood... So much blood I felt my head start to spin but I had to keep control over myself.

Sam and Dean where doing everything they could to stop the bleeding as fast as they could but I flinched when I heard Sam curse aloud.

"What is that?" I heard Dean ask.

Wanting to know what was going on I peaked over Sam and almost gaged at the sight. The skin around the gash was a weird shade of purple and had this green/yellow tint in it.

"The bullet must of been laced in poison?" Dean questioned.

""I've seen this before," Sam answered, "it's one of Trev's favorite torturous weapons. A bullet dipped in the blood of a biter..."

"Biter?" I jumped.

"Infected, zombie, undead, whatever you call them!" He snipped.

"What can we do to stop it?" I asked.

"You can't...." Sam frowned, "she's infected, the most we can do is put her out of her misery".

It felt as if the world had stopped rotating and was beginning to fall. I could see Dean trying to tell me something, but I couldn't contemplate the words. Addy was crying on Doc's shoulder and I watched Red leave the room with Preston not far behind her. Sam covered up Megan's leg and slid a pillow under her head.

A hard slap sent me to the floor and I looked up at Dean who finally had my attention.

"Look..." He said pointing his eyes behind me.

I pulled myself up and turned around towards the front door and froze. Just when I thought this day couldn't get any harder the world continues to throw shit my direction.

"Did you miss me?" They said with a smirk.

Can anybody guess who the stranger is?! Guess you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out ;) follow me for more updates and information!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)