chapter 34

***heres Megan pre Z at school***

[Megan's POV]

>>>flashback to pre Z<<<

I laid in my bed and stared up at the dark ceiling hearing the crickets chirping outside. I jumped when something tapped in my window and I slowly sat up seeing somebody waving at me from out side on the roof. I climbed out of bed and tip toed over the window and pushed it up.

"what are you doing here?" I hissed quietly.

ignoring me, he slid threw the window and pulled his hood back reviling his face.

"my parents and my brother are next door..." I whispered.

"I know I'm sorry it I had a fight with my parents and I had to get out of the house. I didn't know where else to go..." he said sitting on my bed.

I sighed and sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"junior year is almost over.... you'll be 18 soon?" I tried to cheer him up.

"what would I do with out you?" he chuckled.

"good question, let's hope we never find out," I smiled.

we stared at each other and he smiled back at me. I felt him lean in slowly and found I was doing the same thing. I panicked for a split second, this was my best friend here? then it all washed away when his lips met mine. we pulled away and before we could say anything else I heard foot steps walking in the hall. He jumped up and climbed out the window and turned to leave.

"Gavin!" I called to him.

he turned around and looked at me.

"I-I love you..." I mumbled.

he smirked at me, "love you to".

I shut the window right as my mom walked in.

"who are you talking to you?" she asked.

"I was on the phone," I said holding up my cell phone.

"oh, ok well go to bed you have school tomorrow," she reminded me.

I nodded and climbed into bed. I found that sleep came easy and soon my alarm was going off and I rolled over and hit snooze. I rubbed my eyes and yawned grabbing my phone and looking at it. I had a text... from Gavin?

-hurry up

it said. I rolled my eyes playfully and got up and dressed and headed out the front door with my bag and out front. a car was parked in the drive way and I climbed in greeted by Gavin kissing me.  we headed to school and the bell rang right as we got their.

"I'll see you later ya?" he asked me.

"absolutely," I smiled.

he grabbed my hand and kissed me, this was something I could get use to. I head to my first class, Math, surprisingly my favorite class but only because I loved the teacher. I sat in my seat and the bell rang. about 15 minutes into class I heard people screaming outside. I looked at Ms. Carrie and she told us to stay seat and went and opened her door. somebody came tumbling over her and everybody screamed as the person bit into Ms. Carries neck. we all shot up and ran out the other door and threw the school. people where panicking and other people where... eating each other... people where yelling zombies but that's just a horrible myth they don't actually exist. right... I snapped out of my thoughts and thought about Gavin and my family. I hesitated at first before I made up my mind and ran the fence outlining the school climbed over it seeing cars collided with each other and some on fire so I ran past them and all the home.

>>>end of flashback<<<

I sat quietly in my thoughts of the first day of this madness I've come quiet a long way since then... I'm 18 now, I should be graduating and applying for collage.... but that future was thrown out the door right as people starting eating each other and it became survival of the fittest, from worrying about homework to worrying about if you'll live to see another day.

I looked around trying to find something to take my mind off things. we where driving on some road who knows where. I peeked in the back window seeing everybody except Warren sleeping cause she was driving. I found it best not to bother her why driving. in the bed of the truck with me 10k leaned against the back window to my right his shoulder touching mine. and on my left leaning against the side was Gavin. they where both also asleep, I looked between the two of them and thought to my self. who would I choose? who do I choose...? me and Gavin have known each other for such a long time and we where starting to hit it off before this all went down. but I'm a different person now? and so was he... in a way it was like I didn't know him as well as I use to. then 10k... the boy who stole my deer and kindly gave it back to me after trapping me, for no reason. the one who literally carried me to safety and saved my life a couple times now. the first one since this apocalypse happened that I've opened up to and made me feel safe. the choice is easier then I thought it would of been. I rested my head on his shoulder, something I've done before, and fell asleep. please don't let me be wrong. I thought.

hey guys hope you liked the little piece of Megan's past and the cliff hanger at the end! who's shoulder is she sleeping on? remember to follow me for more!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)