7. Arguments

FYI, I'm changing the character to Barbara Palvin, because Maggie kinda makes me mad now. Sorry guys. :/

Allison

"I think I like you". Cameron quickly blurts out. A feeling of laughter threatens to escape from my mouth. I tried to hold it in, but the inner pressure was too much. A loud, cackling laugh, bursted between my lips, echoing throughout the room.

Cameron's eyebrows creased together, and his face became serious. The immature me, immediately shuts up, and I pretend that nothing had even happened.

Clearing my throat, I gazed at him. "You're serious...right?" I ask.

Cameron lifts his hand, and with his index finger, he points at his face. "Do you think this is my joking face? Of course I'm being serious".

I continued to stare at him; blankly. I honestly didn't know how to react. Should I laugh? Should I cry? Should I just shrug it off?

Finally, after a minute full of intense eye contact, Cameron opened his mouth. "Please say something". He begs.

I stared at him for another few seconds, figuring out my response. "I don't know". I murmur. "You can't like me".

"What makes you say that?" Cameron asks. Despite how awkward this already was, he just had to make it more awkward, just by asking that.

"Because I'm your friend, Cameron". I state, trying to avoid the awkward eye contact that had been slowly brewing.

"So?" He says, a hint of confusion showing in his voice.

I focus my gaze back onto him, to see a desperate expression painted across his face. Eyes wide, eyebrows lifted, lips parted; looking as if he was waiting for a miracle to happen.

"I-I can't". I stutter; a queasy sensation beginning to form in the pit of my stomach.

"Allison". Cameron wines, grabbing a hold of my hand and lightly squeezing it.

"What?"

Cameron stares at me. His big brown eyes searching mine, as if looking for answers.

"I just can't".

His eyes droop, seeming disappointed. Suddenly, his irises darken, like a mist of clouds formed in them. His eyebrows narrowed and his jaw tightening. Staring at me for another few seconds, his mouth finally opened, and words of profanity began to spill.

"You can't like him". Cameron hisses, as his temper rises. "I won't allow you to like him. And he can't like you...God, I shouldn't of brought you to that party".

He looks away from me, focusing his attention on something on the wall.

"You're being ridiculous". I say, curiosity growing inside of me. And here we go again. Him getting mad over a stupid little thing.

"I'm not being ridiculous. You are!" He fires back, defending himself.

I glare at him, unsure of how to act at his immature behaviour. "Why are you yelling at me? I didn't even do anything!" I yell, standing up from the couch, and stepping away from him.

He stays silent, probably processing another comeback in his mind. "You're never going to see him again". Cameron orders. I folded my arms across my chest, furrowing my eyebrows at him.