39. Three days

Allison

New York City. The place that I've seen on TV many of times. The place that was landscaped with skyscrapers and is famous for the Statue of Liberty. I've always dreamed of going to NYC, but never before thought of moving there. Right now, my dream of going there was crushed, and I felt nothing more than to sit in my own house and live there for the rest of my life. Personally, I loved my house. I've lived there my entire life, sleeping in the same room for seventeen years, and sitting at the end of table every three meals of the day. Now, it was going to change. A new chapter.

A sharp pain rippled through my chest, and my breath hitched. My throat went dry and I suddenly was on the urge of tears. This can't be happening. Not now. Not today.

I grabbed hold of the door-handle, pulling it and pushing it open. I stepped out of the vehicle and ran into the house, leaving my mother still in the car.

Not once did I imagine walking into an empty house. As soon as I stepped foot in the living room, boxes and more boxes sat at every square inch of the room. It was truly heartbreaking. The living room was completely empty, besides the boxes laying on the floor. There was no picture frames hanging on the walls, nor the sight of any decorations. All was tucked away, hiding in the moving containers.

The distant sound of my mothers footsteps approached me from behind. I didn't bother to turn to face her. Just the look on her face could trigger me into tears.

"Allison", my mother calmly says. I feel her hand on my waist; her warmth radiating through my clothes. "I'm really sorry, but it's for the best".

I choked on air. "What's so good in New York?"

I finally turn to her, my glossy eyes roaming her face.

"A job". She lets out a small smile, attempting to cheer me up. "I've got promoted to a higher position. Meaning a better pay Alli!" She paused, before continuing. "When they offered me the job, I declined, but they told me they'd pay for the house and travel, so I gave in. Wouldn't you like that?!"

A free house did sound nice, considering the depth we were in. But I still didn't want to move. My whole childhood lived here. Same with all my friends. I didn't want to start fresh. I don't want to move, nor transfer schools, nor make new friends. What about Jamie? What about... Cameron?

By now, the tears had trickled down my cheeks, leaving black trails of mascara.

My mother noticed my tears, and she stilled. Frozen in the spot, as if she had been expecting this reaction from me.

"Alli, don't cry". She pleads. "When you cry, I cry, so please". Her voice cracked on her last word. She cupped my cheeks into the palms of her hands, slowly erasing my tears with her thumbs.

"Well come back and visit, I promise!" She says.

"Visiting won't be enough", I wine, hiding my face into the crook of her neck. "I want to stay here".

"I'm sorry dear". I feel her hand ruffle
through my hair, and her breathing heave. She was crying as well.

"I know about you and Cameron". She quietly whispers, which quickly brings my attention. "Gina told me... I'm so so sorry baby".

All I could do was cry some more. Cry about the future. Crying about now. Crying about all the challenges I'm going to face once I'm on the airplane.

I pushed myself from my moms grasp, and wiped away my tears. I then turned towards the staircase, about to climb them when my mother stopped me.

"Allison". She calls.

I slowly turn to her, looking at her in the distance.

"Our plane was booked earlier than I thought, and they gave us too-short-of-notice. We leave in three days, so quickly go pack your things. I want all your stuff in boxes by tomorrow morning".

Hearing that made my heart shatter. Why would she tell me this now? Especially so late?

I sprinted to my room, sobbing like a disastrous mess.

↡↡↡

Another short chap, but guess what?! I'm going to write tonight, meaning more chaps for u guys :))

So pls vote and comment xx

60 votes and 20 comments for the next chap