14. Spiked up

Allison

"Something good looking. Something good looking". I mumbled to myself, over and over again, as I searched for something to wear. My room was a complete disaster— clothes from my closet were tossed over the floor, and scattered across my bedding. My room was just covered in clothes, yet I still couldn't find something to wear. Shea said something fitted, so scratch all of the blouses and flowy dresses I had in mind.

After another hour, I was finally ready to go. My hair was slightly curled, flowing down my back until it reached my mid back. I wore a pair of high waisted shorts, a loose neon tank top, and a black leather jacket, and on my feet were my favourite pair of black Chuck Taylor's. My mom was out on another night shift at work, so she doesn't even know I'm going to a party.

Shea came around at six o'clock, and drove me to the other side of the city, to where the party was held. It took place at their football quarterbacks' house. I think his name was Jack or something like that. Shea said his parties are always stocked, so excitement was quickly rushing through me.

We arrived at our destination, no longer than twenty minutes, and by the time we got there, the streets were packed with cars. Vehicles we're parked along the streets and even in people's driveways. Drunken people were running up and down the roads, like total crazies. I'm surprised that police haven't even shown up by now.

Shea parked his car, on the other side of the street, across from the party house. He got out, and quickly made his way around the vehicle, opening up my door like true gentlemen. I also happened to realize the beige khakis and black polo he was wearing. Simple, but yet attractive. His golden blonde hair was also pushed up, like he'd ran his hand through it too many times, and his dazzling brown eyes were glistening in the faint lighting. I stepped out of the car, Shea helping me out, and closed the door behind me. Then, interlocking our fingers, we made our way across the street, to the colourful house of strobe lights and rambunctious music.

Not even a step onto the lawn, the thundering vibrations beneath our feet grew tremendously. It sent a wave of electricity up my spine, and I yearned to get inside.

I tugged on Shea's arm, pulling him towards the house, like a kid at a candy store. I was eager to get inside, and let the party animal within me unravel. I didn't even have to open the door, because a group of girls came tumbling out of the house—drinks in their hands and smiles on their faces. One of the girls lay unconscious, having her friends carrying her from both sides, and being hauled down the porch steps and onto the lawn.

Shea stepped into the house first, dragging me in from behind him. Music immediately began to blare in my ears, in a ear-piercing racket. It was dark inside. The only light being the colourful strobe lights and the dazzling disco ball.

The stench of sweaty bodies and alcohol fulfilled the air, like an air freshener, and the warmth of people bounced around in the room, making it humid and hot.

A thunderous sensation shook me inside and out, as the music grew intense. It felt like my eardrums were going to burst any second.

Of course, like at all parties, Shea dragged me into the kitchen, preparing himself for the various amounts of alcohol we were about to encounter. The kitchen was located further into the house, around a corner from the living room. Fewer people were in there, filling their stomachs with unhealthy liquids and junk foods.

It was a craft table, set up in the middle of the kitchen, displaying multiple kinds of liquors and beers. Bottles also laid on the countertops, and on the floor. It looked like a bottle depot from the amount of bottles that were here.

Shea ran his hand across the tips of bottles, debating where to start. I stood back, not ready for a drink quite yet. He finally grabbed a bottle, with the name Jack Daniels written across the label, and held it to his lips. He chugged a few shallows, then offered it to me.

"Want some?" He asks, extending his arm, gesturing to the bottle. I reluctantly shook my head, denying the offer. "Not yet. I think I'll just have some water right now". I say. I spotted a stack of red solo cups sitting on the counter. I walked over and grabbed one, filling it up with water from the dispenser on the fridge.

Shea gave me a disapproving look, like he didn't want me to have water, but I didn't care. I didn't want to get wasted like the last party I was at. I had a huge hangover the next day, and I had forgotten almost everything that I did the night before.

I sipped my drink, of purified water, eyeing Shea as I did.

When I lowered it from my lips, Shea motioned towards the other room. "Let's get this party started". He smirks. I gave him a smile, as I set my cup of water in a spot, that I'd hope to remember.

We walked out of the kitchen into the ocean of people, dancing and singing to the music. I adjusted to my surroundings, as people moved all around me. Then, to stick to the beat and to fit in with the crowd, I began dancing. Shuffling my feet and moving my arms to the rhythm of the song.

Not even ten minutes into the party, Shea departed from me, saying he was going to get another drink. So I was alone, dancing by myself, around people I didn't know.

My muscles began to strain, from dancing too much, so I removed myself from the crowd and stood against the wall, watching the remaining people dance around me. It was jam packed in the room, but I happened to catch a familiar face in the crowd. It was Cameron. He stood on the opposite side of the room, flirting with a group of girls who all dressed like they were at some stripper party. It was obvious that he was wasn't dating Kat. If he was, he wouldn't be flirting with another group of girls. I knew Cameron way too well, and I know he wouldn't cheat on his girl.

He wore a nicely fitted tank top, with low cutouts in the arms, and a pair of his casual black jeans. Hair was like always—sweeped up and across and over his forehead. He didn't look like he had been drinking, so he was probably clean right now. I wondered if he knew I was here?

By the time I was finished checking him out, Shea had came back, with two cups in his hands. One with a brown substance in it, and another with a transparent substance in it. He offered me the clear one.

"Water". He says, giving me the cup. I casually took it from him, and lifted it to my lips. I craved hydration right now. All that dancing I did, had tired me out.

I chugged it down, in less than five seconds, and when I lowered it, a bitter taste lingered in my mouth. It didn't taste like water...

I turned to Shea to question him, but by the time I opened my mouth to speak, he was gone. He was no loner by my side. He had disappeared.

Then I came to my senses. Shea Doyle had just spiked my drink.

↡↡↡

I love writing party scenes, idk why, I just find them really fun to write.

Please vote and comment for the next chapter! I took some of your guys' ideas and I'm incorporating them into the next update :)

<3