34. Love Affiar Revealing

Allison

"No, Jamie. Be honest". I plea.

"I'm being honest Alli. You didn't over-react. He deserves what he got, and I'm proud of you. I've been waiting years for that!"

"You're just saying that, because you don't like him". I sigh, looking out through the window.

Jamie continues to drive. "You're right. I don't like him, but still. He deserved that".

I'm currently curled up in the passengers side of Jamie's vehicle, debating whether or not I did the right thing. I think I over reacted. He didn't deserve to be yelled at like that in front of the whole hotel staff. Ugh, sometimes I hate being so sensitive. If I wasn't so sensitive, I wouldn't have to endure these rough, minutes of guilt. I felt bad. I mean, what if he was right? But yet again, he wouldn't tell me why he did what he did, so something had to be up.

My mind couldn't focus, and I felt bipolar at the moment. One minute I hate his guts, the next minute I regret everything and want nothing more than to hold him in my arms.

I'm such an emotional wreck.

"Where are we now?" I quietly ask, scanning the scenery outside of the car.

Jamie glances at me. "Ten minutes from the city", she replies, pulling into another lane.

"And you're sure your parents aren't going to mind me staying for the rest of the week?" I ask.

"Positively sure". She smiles. "My parents like you and you know that. There's nothing to worry about".

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you so much". I say, nudging her upper arm. I guess my nudge was very hard, causing the steering wheel to swerve.

Jamie gasps, completely frightened for a split second. "Allison!" She squeals, steadying her grip amongst the steering wheel.

"Oh shush. Just say you love me back". I playfully demand. She looks at me doubtfully, a cheeky grin pulling at the corners of her lips. "Love ya too Al".

***

We arrive in the city in exactly ten minutes. Now I'm trying to direct Jamie in the direction of Cameron's house. Not that I want to go back, but because I need to gather my things. All the things that I didn't bring on the road trip.

Jamie insisted that she'd come in too. One, because Cameron wasn't there. Secondly because she wanted to tell Gina the entire story. She was good at things like that.

She pulls up in Cameron's parking space, and instantly turns the ignition off. We hop out, making our way up to the front porch. I place three knocks on the door, and in an instant, the door opens.

When Gina's brown eyes land amongst me, she looks confused. "Well that lasted two days". She says oddly.

"Blame your son", I reply.

Gina rolls her eyes. "What did that boy do now?" As she asks, she opens the door wider so the two of us could come in.

I then stare at Jamie, gesturing her to explain.

"Well—" she says, carrying along the L sound.

And that's how she began the story.

***

"Allison!" Jamie's parents greet, as they welcome me into their home. "Nice to see you again".

I gave them a smile. "Nice to be back".

"Jamie told us last night, and we're very sorry to hear". Jamie's mom frowns as she offers to take my bags. To be honest, everyone's treating me like I had just been broken up with. It's not that big of a deal. Is it? Thanks Jamie for telling everyone else...not.