28. Lies

Allison

"Where we going?" I ask curiously as we jump into the scorching hot vehicle for the hundredth time today. My legs burned in pain, as my bare skin met with the sun-sheeted leather seats, causing me to wince.

Cameron immediately turned the air conditioning on, letting the cool faint breeze from the vents to fan against our faces. "Let's just say somewhere with clothes". Cameron hints, nudging me in the upper arm.

From the corner of my eye, I caught a small glimpse of a smirk, pulling at the corners of his lips. We smiled in sync; Cameron reversing his gears and me, peering out of the window.

I watched as the road buzzed by, zipping past us as we rode down the streets of Vegas. With the windows rolled down, I let the breeze fan against my face, pushing my hair over my shoulders and flying with the wind.

Cameron hummed to the rhythm of the radio, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel, as we pulled into a parkade. It took me by surprise as it was only a minimum of two minutes since we've even got into the car.

I supposed it was a mall, considering the huge brick walls, elegant scenery, and hundreds of vehicles parked on the lot. The car came to a halt, stopping in an empty slot. Cameron stepped out of the vehicle, sipping his frappe as he did so.

I tugged at the door handle, opening the door for myself, and stepping into the humid weather.

We walked towards the entrance, side-by-side as we stepped in sync. Almost at the doorway, I felt a gentle grasp on my hip: the opposite side from Cameron.

I peered down, noticing his hand resting on my hip, also feeling a slight push, pushing me towards him. He exerted his force, forcing me to his side, until there was minimum space between us. With that space, he removed his hand from my waist, and grabbed ahold of my hand instead— filling the gap between us. I peered up at him, watching as he kept his focus forward. A small grin was pulling at the corner of his lip.

***

Legs in. Pull up. and insert arms. It was a continuous cycle, as I was now trying on the twentieth dress.

We've probably been into five different dress stores already, but yet, I couldn't find a decent one I liked. All the other ones were either too big, too tight, too long, or too short. But knowing me, I'm probably the pickiest person when it comes to dress-shopping, which makes it even difficult to find a dress.

I slipped my arms into the next gown, and spun around until I was facing the mirror. I was now wearing a sheer coloured, white beaded dress, about knee length. It was tight near the top, and fanned out once it reached my waist. It wasn't too fancy, nor simple, which made me like it.

I pulled the curtain to the side, revealing myself from the hidden fitting room. Cameron sat across from me on a leather sofa— his phone in his face, as he tapped away at his screen. Probably texting someone.

I cleared my throat, hoping to catch his attention. "Cameron".

He slowly lifted his head, as he finished off with his last text, putting his eyes on me. His gaze shifted back and forth, as he studied my new outfit. A remarkably sincere look, lit up amongst his face.

I peered down at my body, then back up at him. "What do you think?" I ask, spinning around so he could examine me.

He met my gaze, and all he could mange to get out was a "woah".