23. Mom?!

Allison

Its been two days. Two days since the contact with Shea. He hasn't called, nor even left signs of coming back. I was glad about that, because I was getting worried of him trying to crawl back to me.

My mom also had a call-in for work, and now she has to travel across the state for the rest of spring break. She gave me the option to either stay at Jamie's, or the week at Cameron's. Obviously knowing Cam, he would pick first dibs, so that's where I'm now staying.

***

"Now if you need anything, just ask. Make yourself at home sweetie". Gina smiles, as she finishes making my bed. "I will". I cheer back, setting my luggage on the floor of the guest room.

Gina was Cameron's mom. She was a sweet woman, always offering me things and making me feel nice and homely in her house when I stayed. Gina exited the room, and disappeared into the hallway. Cameron was standing in the doorway, watching me unpack my things.

"You know you don't have to stay in here right?" Cameron asks, gesturing to the room we were in. I shrug.

"You can always stay in my room". He smiles, adding in a quick wink. I smiled at his nonchalant grin, and continued to unravel my things. "I'm not five anymore Cam. I'm 17, you're 17. We cant sleep together".

"So?" He shrugs. "We're friends, my mom knows we're friends. She knows nothing will happen between us".

"Still". I state, "it just feels... weird now".

I watched as Cameron furrowed his eyebrows, and crossed his arms over his chest. "Weird?" He questions. He turned around and checked the hallway, then turned back to me and shut the door. "What do you mean weird?"

I sucked in a large breath, and turned to him. "Because it's weird". I say, not sure of how I felt of this. Me and Cameron were definitely changing. Our friendship was changing, and it was taking a turn down the lane of feelings. I've never had feelings for him until now. I've never felt an attachment to him. Our feelings for each other were changing and I feared it. I didn't want to mess anything up.

"So, just cuz we confessed to each other, you're now acting strange? We can still be best friends Allison". He eyed me a serious look.

I trusted him. I do, it's just that I feel like it's happening too quickly, and we should take things a bit slower. I looked down at the floor, staring down at my feet. Cameron shuffled closer to me, taking his hand and placing it under my chin. He lifted my chin, and our eyes met each other's gaze.

"Look". Cameron begins. "I'm not going to hurt you. I don't care if you don't feel the same way as me, because I'll always be here. You're my friend. You've been my friend for almost twelve years, and I ain't coming this far, just to leave you. I ain't going to let a stupid feeling break us apart".

I couldn't help but crack a smile. This was the kinda thing I like about Cameron. He'd always have your back no matter what. And he was right. We're not going to ruin our friendship just because of a stupid feeling.

He still had a hold of my chin, and our eyes never left contact. "Friends or not, I'll always have your back". He smiles, stroking the sides of my cheeks.

I smiled wider, and Cameron did the same. He leaned in, and pecked his lips against my forehead. "How would your mom feel about this?" I asked, curious to her reaction if we told her.

Cameron continued to hold me close, hugging me against him. "I absolutely have no idea. Shocked maybe?" He shrugged against me. "What about your mom?" He asks.

"Probably chill with the idea. I don't know".

Cameron smiled. "Maybe".

I cranked my neck up, looking Cameron into his eyes. His brown chocolate eyes. This was weird.

His eyes flickered down, meeting mine. I could feel his cool breath fanning down on me, through the thick heat in the room. I watched as his lips twitched, and feeling a craving for them to be against my own.

The corners of his lips curved upwards into a slight smirk. "I have a feeling you want to kiss me". Cameron whispers.

I do. Wait, what?

"I do". I finally blurt out, as I feel my face heat up. "Not to sound weird or anything". I let out a fake chuckle, hoping for the awkwardness to die down.

Cameron grinned. "Say no more".

As of that second, he leaned into me, planting his lips into mine. The fuzzy sensation in my stomach began to spread again, making my knees go weak. I hated Cam for this, yet I loved him for it. The fact that I'm feeling this way for him is absolutely shocking. Never in a million years Id thought to be kissing him.

His hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me into him. I'd come to realization that every girl that he'd ever kissed, was truly lucky. An experience like this is hard to forget.

As if pulling me back into existence, the door opened, and a gasp followed. My eyes snapped open, staring deep into Cameron's eyes. In sync, Cameron and I pushed away from each other, our faces burning red.

In the doorframe stood Gina. Eyes wide and jaw dropped. She looked speechless.

"Mom!" Cameron blurted, running his hand through his hair, cueing every boys sign of feeling awkward.

Gina continued to stand there, searching for words to say. "Is it just me, or did I just see you guys kissing?" She asks.

"It's not what it looks like". I choke out. I went through every possible excuse in my head to find something to say, but couldn't come up with anything.

Gina's eyes switched back and fourth between us. "Well.. Umm— I just wanted to tell you guys that diner is ready". She flashes a fake grin and quickly scurries from the room.

I turn my head, looking at Cameron whose face was completely red now. "Now we know, her reaction". I laugh, not sure weather to laugh or cry.

Cameron brings his hands up to his face and rubs his eyes. "Let's just go and eat". He walks past me, into the hall, indicating for me to follow.

I follow behind him, and we both make our way to the kitchen.

***

I'll stop there, because the next chapter will be much longer.

Please don't tell me to update and all that. I like your guys' comments, but telling me to hurry up and update just kinda makes me annoyed. Like, I'll update when I feel like it, and telling me what to do, won't make me hurry faster. :/

50 votes and 15 comments for another update.