13. Awkward kisses

Allison

Away from the fire, the cold breeze felt much more dense. Rushing across my skin, and penetrating goosebumps from under my skin.

Once arriving near the shoreline, my toes dug into the sand, causing pebbly bits of rock to squish between them. It was cold and damp, making a shiver crawl up my spine.

Before the small tide came back, I watched as Shea's hands gripped the hem of his shirt, and pulled it over his head. The dim lighting was enough to reveal his bronze coloured abdomen, and fine lining of his stomach muscles.

My eyes instinctively roamed over his body, as he tossed his tank top to the dry sand. He then stepped closer to me, putting his hands on my cardigan that I forgot that I was wearing. "Don't wanna get that wet, do you?" He asks, a playful grin making its way across his face. I looked down, to take it off, along with the denim shorts that I was still wearing.

The tide was coming back, and just in the nick of time, I was out of my attire and had tossed them onto the sand as well.

The water splashed against our legs, sheeting them in a cold, wet blanket, that felt like pins and needles. It was cold enough to make me gasp, and my lips to tremble.

Shea laughed as he began walking deeper into the lake. The water height was now up to his waist. On me, the water was up to my ankles, enough to make me want to jumped out and sit by the fire again.

"Do you have no nerves or something in that body of yours?" I jokingly ask. "Because this water is freezing!"

Shea's hand stroked across the waters surface, spraying me with coldness as he did so. "It's called balls". He chuckles. "I'm pretty sure you don't have any".

I rolled my eyes, continuing to shiver. "C'mon". He says, extending his hand for me to grab a hold. "Don't leave me hanging in here".

The coldness surrounding my feet soon adjusted to my body, and I began walking deeper. My stomach tensed as the waterline met my stomach. As soon as I got to Shea, he grabbed my hand and pulled me in further. Eventually, my feet no longer could touch the ground, and Shea had to propel me up. Our bodies pressed against each other, with nothing but water between us.

From here, we were about thirty feet away from the shoreline, and the crackling fire was still visible, emitting light, around the area.

Cameron and Kat were still sitting, getting closer every time I glanced at them. "What did you want to tell me earlier?" I ask, remembering what Shea had said, before Cameron and Kat arrived. I peered at him, and he peered at me. "Oh, right". He says. "Well, at school, I had told Cameron that I was going out with you on Friday. And then he got all curious, and then he asked if he could tag along, as in a double date. I told him sure, but he'd have to ask you first. So the next day, he came back saying that you said yes".

I laughed. "I did not. He didn't even ask me". I say. Shea shrugged, and shook his head. "Well, maybe he was scared to ask you".

I smiled. Cameron scared of me? HA.

I glanced back at shore, to see that now Cameron was making out with Kat. She was straddling his lap, running fingers through his hair, as his hands roamed up and down her body.

I cringed at the sight, glad that I couldn't hear all the kissy sounds, and groans. I guess Shea felt the same way, because his face displayed a layer of disgust.

"Let's just avoid them". Shea finally said, pulling me along in the water. "If I look at them any longer I might puke".

And that's what we did. Played in the water, until we both became wrinkly. Then we got out, grabbed our clothes and sat back near the fire. By then, Cameron and his girlfriend were finally done with their session, and we're now cuddling together, surrounded by the warmth of the flames.