33. Disaster

Cameron

The sound of a door shut; the sound bouncing off of the walls of the room.

I sit up, my vision clouded with the extent that I had just awoken. As if a camera sharpens, my vision clears. The sunlit, hotel room comes into view. Instinctively, I peered over at the other bed, to which Allison had fallen asleep in last night. Only right now, it was neatly made, and nobody was in it.

A rush of adrenaline seeps into my bloodstream, sending a wave of energy throughout my body. I kick myself out of the bed, in search for Al.

Firstly, I checked in the washroom. No one. Then it comes to mind that she was the one to shut the door.

I glanced around the room, happening to notice that only her stuff was gone. Suitcase and everything.

"Shit!" I cuss to myself.

Shit shit shit

I ran towards the door, realizing I was only in my underwear the second I grabbed the handle. I then rushed to my suitcase, throwing clothes around in search for a pair of pants and a t-shirt. I slipped into an outfit, not caring if it was backwards or inside-out.

Once in, I sprinted towards the door, room key in my hand, as I threw myself into the hallway. No shoes were on my feet, because I had no time or interest. All I was interested in was finding Allison. If her stuff was gone, that could only mean one thing. She was leaving.

Having no time for the elevator, I decided to use the staircase instead. I jumped steps, skipping some on the way down, and occasionally, sliding down the handrail on long flights of stairs. Knowing how fast I was going, I was down in the lobby in less than a minute— panting like a dog.

The lobby was quiet, and the only people who occupied it were a couple of girls' and employees.

But getting a closer look amongst the girls' they happened to be Allison and... Jamie?

Stood at the vending machine, Allison was buying some kind of candy. Beside her stood Jamie, glamorous as always, in her 2013 Justin Bieber concert shirt and a pair of leggings. My focus turned back to Alli, as she wore a plaid pair of pajama bottoms, along with a plain, oversized sweatshirt.

Jamie was the first to spot me, her eyes glaring at me as she speaks to Allison.

"Let's go", I see her mouth to Alli, pulling her along towards the exit.

At that moment, I felt like one of those preteen popular girls in those fictional stories. Oh no she didn't.

I had no other choice than to run up and convince her to stay. I wanted to tell her the truth so badly, but I knew that would break my promise that I made with my mom. She'd kill me. Not only that, but Allison's mom would get mad at my mom for even telling me.

As if I stood there for an eternity, my instincts kicked in and I sprinted after the two.

Jamie looked back, almost angry that I had caught up with them. "No!" She says, spitting her word at me. Allison— confused, looked at her. But realizing where she was looking, she followed her gaze, until making eye contact with me. It was almost immediately, that she rolled her eyes.

I grabbed Alli by the wrist—her free one that  wasn't holding onto her suitcase. "Where are you going?"

My voice sounded extremely desperate, that I hoped it would convince her to stay. If she left, that would eliminate another day or two that I have left to see her.

"Home why?" She sounded as if nothing was wrong, which made me irritated. "You don't seem too interested in me at the moment. So why should I be here? Why don't you invite your little side chick to come over, and you can fuck her on the neatly made bed that I made for you?" She flashed me a cheeky grin, before turning away.

She acted as if I wasn't even there, because Jamie and her began to laugh. It hurt me badly on the inside, that she'd think I'd ever do that. That wasn't even close to what I wanted with her.

"Al", I called, but Jamie pivoted on her heels and stood up for her.

"Cameron shut up! She called me up and told me everything. If I was in her position, I'd do the exact same thing. So just leave her alone. I didn't just drive hours to comfort my best friend, when in the end, she's just going to go back to her stinkin little boyfriend. She's coming with me, and that's the end of the story". She links arms with Allison, before stomping away, leaving me standing alone.

Anger pinched my insides. I disliked her so much! "Fine! You know what? I will call Vicky!" (Vicky was the name of the girl, which I learnt when we exchanged numbers)

After yelling out my last statement, their laughter stopped, and Jamie pulled Alli closer to her. I watch as Allison's body tensed, and she turns around to face me. All she did was raise a finger. The middle one to be exact.

And that's when I realized that was a HUGE mistake.

***

*Later that night*

I sit in my bedroom, staring up at the ceiling, angered about everything. I had come back home an hour earlier, only to be yelled at by my mom, the second I walked through the door, followed by a freak out when she noticed my cuts and bruises. She told me how Allison had dropped by earlier, and had already told her everything when she came to retrieve her stuff. On how I gave my number to a random chick and planned out some sort of date/hook up next week. She also added the fact that I invited the girl over after she had left. (Tattletale I know). But I corrected her with the correct information.  I told my mom how it was a misunderstanding, and how I only got the girls number for help.

My mom told me that I shouldn't of done that anyways, and that I should've just came to her for the help. I guess she was right, because I could've done that. Stupid me. But being the momma's boy I am, she believed me.

I called Allison three times already, but she hasn't picked up. I think she's over-reacting. Not to sound rude, but she is. I said I'm sorry, but I guess that's not good enough for her.

I picked up my phone to call her again, but stopped when I noticed a message on my phone.

26 minutes ago, Picture Message from Shea...

A burst of anxiety rushed through me, making me run cold. The hairs on my arms stood straight up, and goosebumps arised from my exposed skin.

I slid my finger across the screen, scared for some sort of reason. My phone unlocked and my message app opened.

From Shea
Come and get ur girl

Attached to that message, was a picture of Allison. Not just Allison, but Allison in a bikini, surrounded by the jocks of my school.

Shit!

↡↡↡

I love drama so much😂 and its a cliffhanger. I apologize don't hate me. But ayye! Two updates in a day. That's a new record!

I also need help deciding on a character for both Vicky and Thomas. I can't seem to think of any celebs that will fit their appearance. They'll be appearing in future chaps so this is some-what urgent (not really😂)

50 votes and 20 comments for another update!