26. Roadtrip

Allison

"Get up!" A loud voice ordered, feeling a harsh impact on my legs. My eyes opened in a quick movement, awakened by whoever was hovering over me. Cameron leaned over my body, a pillow clutched in his hands, as he repeatedly hit me on the legs with it. 

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, questioning him why he was wakening me so early in the morning. "What do you want?" I groggily ask. He grabbed my hands and gently pulled me out of the bed, causing cold air to brush against my body.

"Get dressed, we're going on a road trip". He exclaims, with a smile drawn across his face.

"Road trip?" I question, still dazed from being so tired.

"Yeah, my mom approved of it, so now you and I are going". He walked over towards his dresser, picked up an outfit and threw it at me. It was a simple black cami-top and a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans. "Get dressed". He orders, "we leave in an hour".

I obeyed, and began to get dressed. Along with doing my hair and brushing my teeth. My mind could only wonder. Where were we driving to?

After getting our suitcases packed, and saying our goodbyes to Gina, Cameron and I were already in his truck, cruising down the road. Gina had given us $1k to spend for this 'road trip' we were going on. I still had no idea where we were going, but I continued to go along with it.

It was still dark out, and the sun was slowly rising above the horizon. Cameron pulled over to the side of the road, to where a McDonalds and a gas station sat. My stomach growled in hunger, craving for something to eat at the moment . As if Cameron had read my mind, he drove up to the drive-through, parking his vehicle next to the speaker machine where you take your orders. I smiled, as the ambrosial aroma of breakfast sandwiches and bacon fulfilled the car.

"Hello, welcome to McDonald's, what can I get for you?" A female voice greeted, through the speakers of the machinery. I watched as Cameron peered at the menu, letting his eyes roam over the selections. He then turns to me, a questioning look drawn across his features. "What would you like?" He whispers.

"Strawberry banana smoothie and a bacon wrap". I grinned, saying my same old phrase like every other time we come here.

Cameron playfully rolled his eyes, sighing. "Why would I even ask". He chuckles. "You always order that".

He turns back to the speaker, giving our orders to the woman on the other side. "That'll be $15.45 at the window, thank you".

We gathered our food, and exchanged money, before the lovely smell of bacon was finally in my hands—teasing me with its devouring looks.

Cameron continued to drive, pulling onto the road, and advancing down the highway. The windows were rolled down, causing the cold morning air to rush against my face. I shivered in chills, before rolling the window up. Don't want my food to get cold, haha.

Cameron began to unwrap his breakfast sandwich, before shoving it into his mouth. As of me, I basically did the same thing. Our love for food was as tight as a ring on a finger. Call it my second best friend in fact, because I love it so much!

"Get comfy". Cameron then says, finishing off the rest of his breakfast. "It's going to be a looooong drive".

From the corner of my eye, I caught him gazing at me, with a smirk pulling at his lips. Shaking my head with a playful smile, I rested my head amongst the window, watching the darkness outside, zip past us. Better get some sleep, due to the fact it was still 6:00 in the morning.

↡↡↡

This is a very short chapter and I apologize! I'm really busy tomorrow and have no time for writing, So I'll give you this.

If you haven't watched Ariana's new video "Into You", that's basically where I'm headed with this story. Lmao😂 I'm taking the plot of that music video and incorporating part of it into the next few chapters, bc I loved it so much, and it inspired me! ;)

Pls comment and vote. It helps a lot :)