29. Missed calls

Allison

I slammed the door behind me, walking swiftly down the corridor of the eleventh flooring. Tears swarmed my eyes, but I tried extremely hard to avoid the eruption of them.

He said there was nothing between them, but yet, he still took her number? If I was in his position, I'd probably rip it to shreds, and stomp all over it with my bare feet.

Maybe he took it by force? — no, he couldn't of. Because when I phoned her back, the third thing she said was "—about next week". Something was up. They were planning something out, by the sounds of it.

Yet again, he couldn't of rejected her. From her stunning looks, Cameron wouldn't decline an offer like that. I knew him way too well. They probably planned to hook up or something like that.

I decided to just stop thinking about all the possibilities. Every possibility made me feel even more sad and mad. Mostly mad.

Me and Cameron weren't even dating, so I couldn't even call this cheating.. Our relationship was more like a no strings attached type of thing. I should've known better than to catch feelings for him.

I pushed the button to the elevator, waiting for it to arrive. When it did, I instantly got in, making my way down to the lobby.

The doors opened, as I could feel my face flame red. Visitors and lobbyists watched me in awe as I scurried towards the entrance.

Outside wasn't much better either. A storm had broke out, letting the outfall of rain to pour from the murky sky above.

I quickly pulled the jacket over my shoulders, shielding my body from the cold wetness that was raining down on me.

Beads of water splashed at my feet, as my heels clicked through the growing puddles. Vehicles and bikers zoomed down the roads; spraying the sidewalk ever so slightly.

I lifted my head, scanning the scenery around me. There wasn't much around me, despite more hotels and business buildings. Luckily, there was a small cafe up the street from where I was. Maybe I could I shelter myself in there until the storm dies down.

I carefully ran towards it, hoping to god that I wouldn't trip and fall, due to my heels that I was in. The last thing I needed was to fall into a puddle and humiliate myself. I stopped at a cross-walk, impatiently and repeatedly pushing the cross button. Just as I was on the urge of pressing it again, a loading truck zipped by, spraying me with the murky water that laid on the side of the road.

I gasped in terror, as the puddle-water soaked through my dress, making my body run cold. I glanced over at the speeding vehicle, as it was continuing to drive away. Cursing and screaming at it, I felt more tears rush to my eyes. But still again, I held them back.

Finally, a red light appeared, and I was able to cross. I ran across the street as fast as I could, straight towards the cafe. Once there, I yanked open the door, letting the warm air inside to accompany me.

I went straight to the washroom, which was luckily a one-person stall. I stepped in, and locked myself inside, sighing as I did.

Glancing down at my body, I found a huge brown blotch, coating my white lacy dress. "Shit!" I murmured, almost on the urge of crying. So much stress was impacting me, all I wanted to do was cry. I immediately grabbed some paper towels, and dabbed them onto the stained material. It thankfully made it less visible, but not completely gone.

I threw the dirtied paper out, propelling myself onto the counter. I looked like a mess, as I stared at myself through the mirror. Thanks to the annoying chick on the phone, my makeup wasn't even half finished! My eyeliner was a mess, my eyeshadow was blended incorrectly, and rain drops had stained my cheeks with discolouration. Smooth Allison. Smooth.