37. Questions and Answers

Allison

I pulled my knees to my chest, attempting to keep my legs warm as a cold breeze decided to drift through the air.

It didn't take long, before a familiar black vehicle pulled up alongside the park boundaries. I instantly stood up, grabbing my suitcase and hauling it towards the car.

Cameron got out, leaning his body against the hood of his vehicle. He wore a white t-shirt along with his adidas joggers and a pair of black converse. His hair was down, sweeped across his forehead, in which he kept having to push back up. Id be lying if I told you that he didn't look extremely attractive at this moment.

A small smile drew itself across his face, brightening up his features in a way that made my stomach churn.

I popped open the trunk of his car, placing my luggage in it, before shutting it closed again. I felt bad, knowing that I had to drag him out of his bed just to pick me up. Heck, considering my recent behaviour, he probably wanted to rip all of my hair out by this point.

He was still sat against his hood as I walked over to the side of the car. His eyes glistened in the moonlight as he watched me approach him. From the night earlier, a dark bruise was still visible beneath his eye, swollen and puffy.

As if he had been standing there for a while, he pushed himself up, and opened the passengers door for me. I let out a small grin, thanking him before clambering into the seat.

The ride wasn't all as awkward as I thought it would be. As long as the radio kept going, I was fine. My mind was racing with thoughts, but nothing poured from my lips. I was guilty, and I didn't want to admit it. I hated to admit things.

"My moms sleeping", Cameron informs as we pull up into his drive way. "So we gotta be quiet".

I nodded my head as he inspects my features, slowing getting out of the car. As I step out into the misty air, Cameron had already pulled my baggage from the trunk, and was strolling it up to the front porch.

"Cameron". I call, not even knowing why I was saying his name. He turns his focus towards me, his face visible from the dim streetlights.

His eyes gaze across my body with a questioning look. "Yeah?"

I hesitated for words, not knowing what to say. "Um—" I gulped, blinking a couple times too. "I'm sorry". I finally choke out.

I locked my hands together, fiddling with my fingers, beneath my sleeves. "I over reacted, and... I shouldn't of done the things that I've done to you. I mean, running away, and then letting Thomas beat you and—"

"Allison", Cameron interrupts, just as a tear began to roll down my face. "It's fine". He lets out a small smile.

By now, I was already by his side, staring into his chocolately brown eyes. With his one hand, he cupped my cheek, pushing loose strands of hair out of my face, and behind my ear. I smiled at his touch, then pulled away.

As I do, he opens the door, letting me enter first, then following me behind.

The house was dark and quiet. Just me walking into it, made me feel like I was intruding the silence. "Would you mind if I take a shower?" I quietly ask, turning around to Cameron who was now locking up the door. I wiped away the tear with my hand.

He shrugged his shoulders, as he flickers on the ceiling lights. "Go right ahead". He answers, placing his hands on the hem of his shirt. My eyes follow his movements as he removes his shirt from his body. And at this moment, I ought to be drooling.

I watch as he bends over, lifting up my luggage and moving towards the stairs. His biceps are flexed, as he begins to climb the steps, and I couldn't help but stare.