8. Flowers

Allison

Getting home, I immediately changed into my own clothes. Cameron's clothes were too baggy, and I kept having to pull them up, or tighten them. I changed into some loose shorts and a thin, workout shirt. I didn't plan on going anywhere today, so some comfy clothes seemed reasonable at the moment.

After changing, I took a few painkillers, hoping to god that they'd stop my headache. By now, my headache felt like a sledgehammer being thrown at my head over and over again. It hurt.

As I stood in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror, the sound of my phone went off in my room.
It was loud compared to the silentness in my house. Got me wondering if my father was at work or sleeping in his bed. I left the bathroom, and walked across the hall, back into my room. My phone laid on my bed, displaying a text on the screen. Squinting my eyes, the name read Shea, with a smirk face and a purple devil emoji placed next to it. I smiled, as flashbacks from the party where we exchanged numbers came to mind.

I unlocked my phone and opened my messages, letting my eyes scan the screen.

From Shea😏😈:
Sorry I left without saying goodbye. Cam was being a real ass and I couldn't stand it. So I left.

Without hesitation, I texted back.

You're not the only one. I left too. Cam's got his panties in a twist today...Actually, he's been really moody ever since the party last night.

Sent.

Not even five seconds later, the delivered sign magically turned into read, and a typing bubble occurred.

From Shea😏😈:
Lmao. Yeah, I noticed that last night too. Speaking of the party. That was really fun. You're fun to be around ;)

I smiled at the last part, not even knowing that I was smiling. And my thumbs began moving again, typing away another sentence.

Thanks, you are too. We should hang out sometime :)

Yeah. That would be fun.

When?

Don't know. School is in a few days. What about this upcoming Friday? I can take you out?

Are you asking me out on a date? Lol

Maybe... ;)

Maybe isn't an answer Shea.

Okay, fine. Will you go out with me on Friday night Allison?

I felt cheeks heat up, thanking the lord that Shea couldn't see me blushing. I giggled at his question and sent another text.

Sure. :D

We continued to text for God knows how long. Probably another hour or so. We played twenty one questions, getting to know each other a little bit more and just talking about random stuff. It was quite fun actually. It made me like him even more.

By the time we stopped texting, it was 4:30 in the afternoon. Shea had to leave, leaving me stranded in my life of boredom. I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Watching the ceiling fan spin around and around. I found it amusing some how.

As the clock struck 4:35, the doorbell rang. It echoed throughout the house, loud and clear. Thinking it was my dad, who'd come back from work, I jumped out of bed and rushed down the stairs.

I grabbed hold of the front door and swung it open. Only... No one was there.

My eyes scanned the streets, thinking it was some stupid kids playing ding dong ditch on us— those stupid preteens. Always causing trouble throughout the neighbourhood.

I was about to shut the door, when my eyes came upon an object sitting on the porch step. I gazed my attention towards it, thinking that it was some sort of delivery package or something like that. But it wasn't. In fact, it was a small boutique of flowers. Pink, purple and white coloured flowers, tied together with a white ribbon. Curiosity washed through my mind, as I picked up the anonymous boutique.

A small dangling piece of paper was tied to a stem, floating in the faint breeze. It looked like one of those "to and from" cards that are always found on gifts.

I clutched the flowers into my left arm, and grabbed the small slip.

In messy printing, it read;

To: Alli
I'm sorry for yelling at you. I was gonna text you and say I'm sorry, but I thought that was a cowardly move. So I drove to the flower store and got you these. I thought it was a kind gesture. If I would've apologized to you in person, I feared that you'd slap me in the face or something like that lol. So yeah.. Sorry :/
From: cam

I silently laughed at the note, as I hugged the flowers closer to me. It was cute how he feared me. After talking with Shea for the last few hours, I totally forget about Cameron. I gazed at the empty street that sat outside of my house, to see if Cameron was hiding somewhere, watching me. But he was nowhere to be seen.

I smiled one last time, before walking back into my house and closing the door.

↡↡↡

I'm not dead guys!! I just have a dead imagination, and had no idea what to write about. It's been like a million years since I've updated, and I'm so sorry. I'll try and update again sometime next week or this week.

Please vote and comment :)

03/18/16