20. Rainstorm

Allison

The soft sensational feeling of his lips were familiar. Similar to last nights, except more wet, and really cold. I could never grow used to this feeling, no matter how long it was done for.

His hot breath breathed against me, as he pulled away. My lips instantly began to feel cold, and I yearned for them to be pressed against me again.

My eyes fluttered open, staring into his light brown eyes. His lips were perched out, desperately looking like they wanted more. Other than our panting breaths, it was quiet.

He was still hovered over me, his bare skin touching mine, and his wet hair dripping onto me.

"How did I do?" He asks, snapping me out of my daydreaming thoughts.

Reality took over, and I was lost for words. I searched for something to say, but all I could manage to get out, was a low groan.

"Nice—good! You did good". I finally choked out, my cheeks flushing pink.

He pulled away, and I sat up, dipping my toes back into the cool water.

Cameron peered at me. "So... You think I should apply to be a lifeguard?" He asks.

My mind immediately began to think of the CPR part. "Well, you're pretty good at CPR". I blurted out.

I meant to say that in my head, but it came out of my mouth instead. My face burned red. Why do I always attempt to make a fool out of myself? I mentally face palmed my forehead.

The corners of Cameron's lip curved upwards, forming into a grin. My stomach cringed in awkwardness, and my face now felt hot.

My eyes couldn't stop staring at his face. Something about it made me mesmerized. His eyes flickered, gazing at my lips.

I immediately began to feel giddy. I knew what it meant when boys did that.

My body froze, awaiting for whatever was about to happen.

He continued to stare at me. Eyes locked with mine, and everything around us had seemed to have disappeared. Just me and him.

He leaned in slowly, his hand cresting, cupping the left side of my cheek. His alluring eyes blinked back and forth between my eyes and my lips. The exterior part of me remained frozen, while the inside of me was jumping in excitement. His eyes slowly altered shut, giving in a hint that he was about to kiss me. My heart was racing, and I could feel the thud from inside of my chest. It felt like it was going to jump out at any second.

Finally, our lips connected, and his lips moulded perfectly into mine. A spark of electricity ran down my spine, enhancing me into a world of fantasy.

My heartbeat quickened, as he parted his lips, deepening the kiss. His teenage beard bristles prickled my skin, as he smothered me with his lips. This felt like my imagination, but it wasn't. This was real!

Cameron pulled away from me, gasping for air. I did the same, breathing in a long, heavy breath. He stared at me, with a look I wasn't familiar with, lingering in his eyes.

It was silent. But not awkward.

A light breeze picked up, and fanned against our faces. It blew back my hair, drawing it behind my shoulders. A coat of goosebumps arose from my skin, making me shiver. It also caused an effect on Cameron, because he began to chatter. Being wet, plus having wind blown against you, was not a pleasant feeling. The speed of the breeze got heavier, and got more colder by the second. The sunshine had disappeared behind a thick fog of clouds, making the rest of the sky look dark and murky. Then suddenly, with a loud crack, a boom of thunder broke out, and rain began to pour.

Cameron looked up at the dull sky, letting raindrops splash against his face. Then he looked down, his eyes meeting mine.

"Let's get out of here". He spoke. He reached for my hand, and engulfed it into his. Then he helped me stand.

We reached for our clothes, that were already being soaked, and clutched them to our bodies. Then slipped on our sandals, and began to make a run. I shielded my face as I ran through the heavy rain and wind. Cameron did too, squinting his eyes as well.

We were now running through the streets in nothing but our underwear. A few cars passed by, slowing down as they buzzed past us. The people inside probably thought we weird. Sprinting down the streets, wearing nothing. I laughed at the thought.

By now, rain was pouring down like a tsunami. The road was already beginning to flood, and peoples windshield wipers on their cars were at full speed. Water rested in every nook and cranny in my skin, irritating me.

Cameron stopped me, and pulled me under a thick canopy of trees. The branches of the trees sealed every crack, because it was completely dry underneath. He leaned against the tree trunk, and let his body collapse to the ground. I joined him, setting my clothes on the ground and sitting on top of them, so dirt wouldn't get on me.

Cameron's chest was heaving, and he looked exhausted. I leaned my head on his shoulder, taking in long breaths.

We were still another block from home, so we decided to stay under the tree until the storm died down.

Eventually, rain started to trickle through the grass, soaking the ground around us. Cameron gazed at me. "I think we should just run home". He suggested.

I nodded my head in agreement, and began to stand up. I helped him up as well, and grabbed our clothes again. Then we dashed through the trees, and back onto the sidewalk. The sidewalk was slippery, and filled with mud. I slipped a couple times, but Cameron would always be behind me, helping me stand back up.

Thunder cracked above our heads, letting more water fall down. We were almost a street away from my house, when a painful cry bursted in the air. I skidded to a stop, and pivoted around. Cameron had slipped.

He was laying on his back, in the middle of the street, in a filthy mud puddle. He groaned in agony, rubbing his head with his muddy palm.

I ran towards him, but had no idea how slippery it was, until I ran into it myself. My foot slipped, and gravity pulled me down. My clothes were thrown into the air, landing in a nearby puddle, as I toppled next to Cameron.

He laughed, pointing his finger at me as he did.

I couldn't help but laugh myself. Cameron crawled to his feet, but all he could do, was slip again. This time landing on his stomach.

He rolled around, onto his back, spreading his arms and legs out. He stared up at the dainty sky, letting the rain splash against his body.

I pulled my legs underneath me, and stood up. The mud was like ice. Cold and slippery. I caught my balance, shifting my weight from one side to the other, as I crawled out of the pit.

Once on the sidewalk, Cameron begged for help. I turned to him, laughing to myself.

He got his knees and crawled slowly out of the puddle. From head to toe, his body was covered in mud.

Once he reached me, he grabbed all of our clothes again and we finished off our run.

When we finally arrived at my house, my moms car was now parked in the driveway. She must've gotten back from work.

We ran towards the house, and climbed the porch steps. Before I could even grasp the door handle, my mom had already opened it, gazing at us in confusion. She was still dressed in her work attire, as she eyed us up and down.

"You guys are not coming in here like that". She laughs, gesturing to our bodies, that were completely covered in filth. "You guys look like pigs. Dry off on the porch, and once you're dry, you guys can go up and shower".

Cameron nodded, making his way over to the bench sitting nearby. He motioned for me to sit next to him, patting the spot by his side.

This is going to take a while...

↡↡↡

65 votes and 25 comments for another update!