42. Lucky Charm

Allison

The evening rolled in, letting darkness cover the sky. Only the moon and stars illuminated it, causing faint twinkles of light to sparkle in the atmosphere. (By the way, go purchase the Illuminate album by Shawn Mendes! Not a sponsor, just saying it's amazing!)

We were driving in Cameron's vehicle, to our 'date' destination. Me, dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a light sweatshirt, and Cameron, dressed in a pair of lightly washed jeans and a hoodie. The cool night breeze, blew faintly against my face, fanning my hair over shoulders as the air slipped through the window.

For the past twenty minutes we both hummed to the rhythm of the radio, enduring the calm silence as we gazed out the windows. All until I decided to speak my curious mind. "Where we heading?" I ask.

Cameron smiles, as he slightly shook his head. "Guess".

I raised my chin, squinting my eyes as I searched some possibilities. Judging by the woods on the side of the road, it had to involve some-sort of outdoorsy theme.

"Could it possibly be a walk through the woods?" I shivered at the thought. A walk through the woods sounded horrible at the moment. I mean, darkness. Animals. Creepy massacres walking through he trees. Especially the fact that I was wearing shorts. Imagining all of the thorny branches scraping at my legs and brushing against my skin. No thanks.

"Wrong", Cameron replies. "I don't plan on getting murdered tonight".

His answer relived me, making me sink into my seat. "Whew", I intentionally palm my forehead, causing a faint chuckle from Cameron.

"Well then. If it's not a hike through the forest, then what?" I ask.

As the answer awaits, the vehicle came to a stop, thrusting my body forward. It was an immediate stop, then Cameron puts his gears into park. "You'll find out, right about now". He implies, turning the ignition off and opening his door.

I peered out the window, realizing that we were parked in the middle of nowhere. And by nowhere, I mean a meadow, surrounded my trees at the top of a hill. I smirked. Cameron and his cliché ideas.

I opened the door for myself, pulling my body out from the vehicle. Cameron was at the back, rummaging through the trunk in search for something.

I walked towards the front of his car, leaning my body against the hood. I awaited, staring out at the distance of the city below. It was beautiful, not going to lie. The city lights that looked like a bunch of fireflies, and the glistening ocean that sat just below the horizon. It was exciting yet so relaxing.

Cameron appeared out from the corner of my eye, moving his body so that he was blocking the landscape behind. My eyes narrowed.

"You're blocking my view", I inform, crossing my arms over my chest.

An evil grin crawls over his face, causing a dimple to form on his cheek. "What are you talking about? I am the view!"

I couldn't help but laugh, slightly nudging his chest. "Shut up, Cam. Get over yourself".

He chuckles, only making me smile more. Leaning forwards, he whispers a , "Make me".

I didn't know whether or not if that was his way of saying 'kiss me' or an actual statement of his. But before I could even ask, he leans forwards just slightly, for the sake of kissing me.