32. Brusies and Misunderstandings

Allison

We continued to walk. Cameron's hand was tightly grasped around my own, and he wouldn't dare to let go. He was pissed!

It felt like my circulation could cut out at any moment, considering how hard he was holding on. I couldn't even move my arm because of it, making it feel very numb.

"Can you loosen up at least?" I asked, attempting to wiggle my wrist free. Cameron groaned from beside me. "No".

I mimicked him with a growl.

"I'm actually really mad right now—", Cameron states, but I interrupted him mid-into his sentence.

"Yeah, I could tell". I rolled my eyes again.

"We were suppose to meet up with my buds at the club. Now we can't, and it's all because of—"

"Me. I know". I snap.

His grasp tightened more, causing me to wince. If he keeps tightening his hand, he might just break my wrist.

I turned my head, enough to peer at Cameron. His face furrowed in anger, which was odd because I never seen him so angry before.

As we continued to walk down the street, I recognized the familiar cafe that sat on the side of the road. The one I went into earlier today.

We were almost by the building, when the door opened. As if it was timed, Thomas walked out with his car keys and a bag clutched in his hands. What a coincidence huh?

With our heavy breathing and loud footsteps, he caught us in an instant, glancing at us from the distance. I watched as his eyes landed on me, and widened in surprisal. Then, looking at Cameron, his eyes darkened.

"Thomas", I murmur, as he stops in his tracks.

"Allison", he says.

Cameron looked at the both of us with a questioning glare lingering in his eyes. "Thomas?" He questions, as if he were jealous. "Who's Thomas?" He glances over at Thomas who stood there unproductive.

I watch as his jaw clenches, along with his fingers. His fingers were now gnawing into my skin, making me holler out a short cry.

I attempt to pull my arm out from his grasp, but still, he wouldn't budge. Thomas' eyes glance down at Cameron's hand, obviously angered from the lack of respect he was giving me.

"Woah dude, look at what you're doing!" He shouts, motioning to our connected hands.

He rips my hand out from his grip, and a breath of relief fell from my lips. God that felt good!

I soothed my wrist that was burning red, along with wiggling my fingers to get my circulation to run through my veins.

But obviously, Cameron took that the wrong way, and thought he was picking a fight. "Yo, don't touch me or her, you got that?" He shoved his hands against Thomas' chest, causing him to stumble back.

"Cameron calm down!" I say, trying to get between the two boys.

Thomas' eyes filled with anger, "No kidding". He says, agreeing with me as he steadies himself up.

"Shut your mouth", Cameron spits, nudging him once again.

He catches his balance, before throwing his stuff into his vehicle. "Make me!"

Cameron muscles are now bulging out of his skin, making me fearful of what's about to happen.

"No Cameron, stop", I try to tell him, but before my words could process through his brain, he had already threw a punch at Thomas' face. As if the world had gone into slow motion, Thomas ducked, dodging the punch, and plunging himself to the ground.