25. Bad news

Allison

11:34 am.

I woke up, my senses feeling better than ever. I felt refreshed and at ease, which I haven't felt in a long time.

My eyes fluttered open— the dried up sleep crested in the corners of my eyes. My head was buried under the blankets, muffled with the humid air surrounding me.

I was nestled against Cameron, one of my arms draped over his chest, as the other one laid beneath my head. His bare skin was smooth to the touch, and was warm against my own.

I pulled myself from beneath the blankets, breathing in fresher air. Warm sunlight filtered through the bedroom curtains, lighting the room up in a perfect tinge.

I peered at Cameron who remained asleep. His hair was a mess, and he snored lightly, as his face was squished up against the pillows.

I removed myself from Cameron's grip, and stepped out of the bed. My muscles were stiff, so I stretched them out, by reaching towards the ceiling. I think that was the best sleep I've ever gotten!

I went to the bathroom, washing up, and brushing my hair, until I sauntered back into the bedroom. Cameron persisted to lay in his bed, buried beneath the covers. The outline of his body was visible through the sheets.

Not knowing what to do, I climbed in beside him, dodging where I put myself so I wouldn't step on him. I laid by his side, my face facing his. His snores continued to echo throughout the room, blowing at his hair every time he exhaled.

I stared at his chiseled facial structure, admiring all of his faint freckles and tiny moles that I've never realized before.

I smiled, ruffling my fingers through his hair, as I pushed it out of his face.

His eyes snapped open, as if I'd startled him, and a smile soon spread across his face. "What are you doing?" He asks with his husky morning voice.

I neared closer to him, our noses touching one anothers. I pecked his lips, feeling the curve of his mouth smile bigger.

"Morning". I grin, pulling away. His dimples formed, as he rubbed his sleepy eyes, then he sat up. The blanket fell, causing his chest to be exposed, and I couldn't help but sneak a quick peek.

"What do you want to do today". I ask, as I watch him fiddle with his messy hair. His gaze meets mine and he smiles a ridiculously adorable grin. "To stay here. With you".

He pulls me down, crashing his lips against mine again. His hand grasped the sides of my hips as he flipped me over— him being on the top. As he pulled away, his breath fanned against me. I instantly pinched my nose, laughing and pushing him off of me. He sat up solemnly, with a bewildered expression plastered over his face. "What?" He questions.

I cringed my face in exaggeration, and pretended to be disgusted. "Morning breath". I replied, with a small giggle.

Cameron quickly covered his mouth, as his cheeks grew rosy. "Sorry". He muffles into his palm. He climbs out of the bed, and dashes towards the hallway, probably the bathroom, leaving me stranded in his room. Well that just ruined the moment.

***

"I'm a fantastic cook, don't get me wrong". I laugh, flipping a pancake over, so it cooks the other side. Cameron leans over the counter, staring at me as I made us both pancakes. His smile widens, brightening up the entire room, causing me an eerie feeling to evolve in my stomach.

As I set the fresh pancake on the plate with the others, thumping footsteps pattered down the stairs. Cameron sat up, looking over at the hallway. Gina had just skipped down the stairs, as she dresses herself. She was fixing a belt around her waist, slipping her high heels on at the same time. Her hair was shaggy, and her face was clean, with no makeup touching any part of her skin. I assumed she was late for work, due to the quickness she was in, and the bed-head hair she had, sitting on the top of her head.