12. Game On

Allison

"Whose here?" I ask. My eyes remained locked onto the rustling bushes only twenty feet away.

Sticks continued to snap, and the crunching of leaves resumed to crunch. Shea kept quiet, as he stared at the pack of trees, awaiting for whatever was going to pop out. My stomached churned, anxiety building up, like a stack of blocks. My arms remained locked over Shea's, gripping his muscles as if that would help anything.

Out of the blue, a person I've never expected to show up, stepped out of the bush, and into the clearing. Cameron.

My stomach dropped, and all of the anxiety seemed to have washed away. At the same time, I felt relived, yet angry. A rage slowly began to build on, and I could only wonder what was he doing here?

Cameron seemed to not have noticed our presence just yet. His back turned away, facing back towards the bush. He waved his arm, motioning for something in the trees, but I couldn't tell what. I squinted my eyes, but all I could see was the darkness deep inside.

Suddenly, a girl stepped out, stepping out of the trees and standing next to Cameron. From the looks of it, she was a tall, red haired girl, with a slim, yet broad build. The dim lighting made her skin look pale. White as could be—kind of like a ghost.

Once she was out, Cameron turned back around, his eyes moving all over the place.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Shea raise his arm, swinging his hand in the air, trying to gain attention. "Aye, Cam, over here!" He hollered.

Both Cameron and the girl snapped their attention in our direction. Their eyes gazing over us. I noticed Cameron immediately make contact with me, and a devilish grin began to form on his face. In an instant, his arm snuck around the girls waist, pulling her towards him. Once their hips touched, he snaked his arm down his side, and locked his hand into hers.

I turned my focus away from them, bringing the spotlight onto Shea instead. In a harsh whisper, I began to go off on him. "What is he doing here?!" I ask angrily, trying to keep my voice down, but at the same time, raising it to show my annoyance.

Shea looked at me—his smile dulling down, and forming into a frown. "I thought you knew?" He asks with confusion in his voice.

I creased my eyebrows in confusion. So many questions began bouncing around in my head, I didn't know what to say.

"Knew what?" I finally managed to choke out. His eyes looked at Cameron and then back to me. "Didn't he tell you, we were going on a double date?"

Before I could answer, Cameron and the mysterious girl had finally approached us, standing at the foot of our blanket. Shea leaned over. "I'll explain in the car". He whispers into my ear.

From down in my sitting position, I glanced up at the two people standing in front of us. Cameron's hand was still interlocked within the girls hand, running his thumb over her skin. They were both dressed in beach clothes—Cam in a pair of trousers and a tank, and the girl in a tight, yet flattering two-piece.

"Hey guys". Shea welcomed, raising his fist and fist pounding Cameron's. Cameron returned the favour, and exchanged greetings. His eyes kept flickering back to me, with glory clearly noticeable in them. It was as if he was trying to make me...jealous.

The red headed girl cleared her throat, catching the attention of all of us. She gazed at me, and back at Cameron, and Cameron finally came to his senses.

"Oh right!" He fake chuckles. "Kat, this is Allison, and Allison, this is Kat. My girlfriend".

The word girlfriend instantly slapped me in the face, making me want to burst out laughing. Was he really trying to make me jealous, by pretending she was his girlfriend? I knew Cameron much too well, and his silly act wasn't working for me.

"Nice to meet you". The Kat girl smiled. I tried to maintain my laughter, and returned the greeting. She and Cameron then took a seat, sitting across from us, behind the fire. As they settled in, I couldn't help but stare at Cameron. How he pretended to act like her boyfriend, when really, he wasn't. It was priceless to watch.

"So Kat". I begin to trail off. "How long have you been dating Cameron?"

Cameron immediately shoots me a glare, anger beginning to fill his eyes. Kat seemed hesitant, by the long pause she held—desperately looking to Cameron to help her find an answer.

"For about a week now". She replies, her voice sounding unsure. She gave me a cheeky smile, obviously a fake one.

"Where'd ya meet him?" I ask—questions beginning to pour from my mouth before I could even stop them.

"At—"

"Hold up". Cameron interrupts. "Enough about us. Let's talk about you guys". His eyes switch back and forth between me and Shea. "How did you guys meet?"

"At his party". I clearly state. I wasn't going to lie, or hesitate in fact. Unlike them, who were constantly throwing lies at me.

"Exactly". Cameron says. "And who brought you there?"

"You did". I reply.

"That's right. Now if it wasn't for me, you guys wouldn't even—"

"Enough". Shea butts in, breaking apart our pity argument.

I felt his hand grab ahold of mine. He looks at me, and back at the lovely couple, sitting across from us. "We're going swimming". He informs.

Cameron opens his mouth, but before any words can spill out, Shea had already pulled me up and was hauling me towards the water.

I watched in amusement as Cameron glared at us. But if he wanted to play the jealously game, it was game on.

↡↡↡

04/01/16

Happy April Fools Day! :D

Sorry for the short update, it's like three in the morning and I should be sleeping. Lmao.

Please vote and Comment, because it makes me very happy, and I love reading through your guys' comments. <3

60 votes and 25 comments for the next update :)