30. Come back

Allison

When I thought that I was in a rush, I sped through with redoing my makeup. I even cleaned off the stain that was on my dress, and dried it. Both tasks must've taken an hour maximum, but there was still no sign of Cameron. He hasn't called since I was at the cafe, and there was no notes or anything that he had left back here. My mind could only wonder where he's gone. He couldn't of been roaming the streets for an hour just to find me.

Another five minutes have past, and I decided to stop waiting. Maybe I should go look for him. I would call, but my phone had died and I had no time to charge it, now that I'm going to do something. I got up from the bed, and went back towards the door, leaving all of my stuff in the room. 

I maneuvered myself down the narrow corridor, swiftly making my way towards the elevators. It came just in time, because the doors began to open. I was still a few feet away from it, so I made a run for it, before the doors would close on me.

About two feet away from it, a person came out and turned the corner. Before I could even halt myself,  their body and mine came crashing into each others'. My face ended up into his chest, where the familiar scent of cologne lingered on his clothes, and our
bodies intertwined, causing us to both trip and fall. Well, I'm the one who fell, while he grabbed onto the wall to help support himself.

My mind felt a little dizzy, as my body crashed to the floor, sending a wave of nausea to wash over me. My vision finally sharpened and the person that happened to bump into me was Cameron; who resumed to stagger against the wall.

He too finally came to realization, and immediately helped me up. "Alli! Where the heck were you? I've been looking everywhere for you". The tone in his voice was a mixture of anger and anticipation. The same madness that I had before came back, and I didn't seem to pleased with him.

"No where". I lied, pulling my arm out of his grip and brushing down my outfit. "In fact, where the hell were you? You only called twice, yet you've been gone for more than an hour".

"So you did see my calls. Why didn't you answer?" He crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing me with a nasty glare.

"Busy". Was all I replied with.

"Doing what? Where were you?"

The elevator doors behind him began to close, and it was already too late to get in.
"Nowhere. I went for a walk while you were in the shower". I said. I decided to just keep lying for now. If I told him the truth now, he'd most likely just get all fussy and grumpy. So I'll tell him later.

He reached his hand into his back pocket, in search for something. Then, he pulled out two slips of laminated papers.

"What's that?" I ask, curious of what they were.

He faces the slips towards me, giving me a full display of what they looked like. "It's our fake ID's for tonight. That's where I was for the past hour; getting these from my friend".

One of the cards had a full portrait of my face on it, as the other one had Cameron's face. Along with our pictures, we had fake names, and a fake birth date printed under the picture in thick, bolded letters. According to mine, my name was Alyssa Dug, as of Cameron, he was Dylan Heart. Sounds legit.

"Out of every picture of me, you just had to choose this one?" I wine, pointing at the picture of me.

"Honey, all ID's are suppose to be ugly". Cameron informs, tucking the ID's back into his pocket. "Now hurry, we have to get there before the line is too long".

He grabs my hand, aggressively pulling me towards the elevators. "But my stuff! My phone and jacket are still in the room".

Before Cameron could process my words, the elevator had already opened, and Cameron tugged me into the small enclosure. "Too late now". I sighed as the elevators began to move. I leaned against the wall, away from Cameron. I was still mad at him, so I kept my distance.