27. Fake IDs and clubbing

Allison

"And we're here". Cameron says, pulling up to a decent looking hotel. It was a tall building, consisting of beige bricks going up the walls, and silver painted windows and doors. Cameron parked in the first slot, and immediately turned the ignition off.

We spent the last four hours in the car, driving from Los Angeles to LasVegas, where we are to stay for the next few days. The weather was scorching hot, as I stepped out of the vehicle, making my skin feel baked. I stretched my arms, along with my legs, as I helped Cameron unpack the vehicle. We brought two suitcases with us— one with Cameron's stuff in it, and one with my things. Obviously. I strolled my luggage into the building, meeting with Cameron as he paid for a room at the front desk. The lobby was amazing. With a golden chandelier hanging above our heads and a marble fountain sitting in the middle, it was sure an eye-catcher.

As Cameron was done paying for a room, he turned to me with two cards in his hands. I assumed one was for the both of us.

"Here". He says, handing me a card as if he'd read my mind. "You get your own card".

I took it from his grip, sliding it into my  back pocket. "Thanks".

Cameron then walked his way to the elevators, on the far wall. There were three of them, so when we pushed the button, we'd have to wait for whichever one came first.

Our room was on the second floor from the top. Also know as the 11th floor. We walked down the thin, narrow hallway, stopping at room #336. As Cameron fumbled with his luggage, I unlocked the door for the both of us, pushing it open. Cameron gestured for me to go in first, in which I did.

The aroma of fresh sheets and air freshener filled the room, and air conditioning sheeted my skin. The room was chilly, but way nicer than it was outside. Cameron set his luggage down on a queen sized bed that sat in the middle of the room. As of me, I rolled my suitcase in, placing it next to the other spare bed.

"So why did you decided to go on a road trip?" I ask curiously, jumping up onto the bed and letting my body sink into the mattress.

Cameron looked at me, then peered down at his bag, hesitating. "I don't know". He replies. "Just... Something to do?" He didn't sound quite sure, and his last answer sounded more like a question, rather than a statement.

I shrugged it off, shifting my focus towards the ceiling above me. It was still morning, and the sun was now fully above the horizon.

"I think I'm going to go take a shower". I state, sitting up in the bed, and making my way over towards the bathroom.

I caught Cameron turning his gaze to me, as he unpacks his suitcase. "Alright". He gives me a weak smile, as I saunter into the small bathroom space.

The hotel wasn't great, but it was suitable for the two of us. The room was smaller than I expected it to be, and the bathroom was very enclosed, making it squishy to move around. After finding a towel, and placing it onto the rack, I stripped from my clothes, letting the hot water soak my body.

After a quick refresh, the water was turned off and I formally wrapped a towel around my body. Stepping out of the bathroom, cold air brushed against me, causing a slight chill down my spine.

Cameron was no where in sight, and his bags were left on the mattress— scattered amongst the bed, and sitting deserted. He was no longer in the room, nor outside on the balcony.

Maybe he's gone to the lobby for something? Maybe he's gone to check out the hotel restaurant? Because knowing Cameron, wherever there's food, there will be a Cameron.

I shrugged it off, knowing he'll be back sooner or later. I sauntered towards my luggage, pulling out a clean pair of clothes and slipping them over my body. As my head slipped through the head-hole, the door opened, and Cameron came into the room— back towards me as he pushes the door open.

As he turned around, in his hands was a tray of drinks and a couple donuts. Starbucks especially, which drove a smile across my face. He knew me too well.

His brown eyes met mine, and he's taken aback with a grin. "There was a Starbucks down the street". He informs, pointing towards the door. He sets the tray down on the counter, and slips out of his shoes.

As he does, a phone began to ring. From the ringtone, I could tell it wasn't mine. I watched as Cameron reached into his pocket, fumbling around until he pulled out his phone. Then, pressing the screen and holding it up to his ear. "Hello?"

From my position, I couldn't make out any of the conversation. Just the slight murmurs of words being exchanged and Cameron's silly hand gestures he always does when he speaks.

The conversation didn't last any longer than a minute, before he hung up. He turned to me, a smile spread across his face.

"Guess what?" He asks, rubbing his hands together as he paces towards me.

I shrugged, fiddling with my wet hair, wishing it would dry up already. "What?"

"I have some older friends, and they're also in town tonight. They're making us fake ID's for a club that's going on tonight".

"Woah, when was this planned?" I automatically question, wondering when in the world he had planned this all out.

"Just now. They were originally going by themselves, but once I told them we were here, they invited us out with them. You want to go?"

I hesitated for a second, contemplating on what was up with Cameron. The last time we went to a party, he was too protective over me, and wouldn't let me do anything. But tonight we're going to a club, which is much more dangerous than a house party? Sometimes this boy does not make any sense. But I decided to just play along with it and not question it.

"Sure!"

Cameron grinned. "Great. Let's go find ourselves an outfit".

Before I could say anything, he had already grabbed my arm, and he was pulling me along behind him.

Before we exited, he reached for the drinks, handing me one of them, and shoving the straw of the other one between his lips.

↡↡↡

This update sucks but it's what I managed to do. I have finals next week, so all Ive been doing is STUDYING! :(

Pls vote and comment :)