36. Cancelled Sleepover

Allison

"Woah". Jamie exclaims as her eyes land on Cameron. A dark sneer of hatred settled itself across her features as she notices that he's in our presence. "What are you doing here?" She asks in a snotty tone. "Do you have to follow her everywhere she goes?"

"Yes", Cameron replies, exchanging look with me. "Because I care for her".

My stomach clenched in the most achiest feeling ever . The feels man!

Jamie creased her eyebrows together, obviously annoyed with him. "C'mon Allison". She says, grabbing my arm and leading me away from him and the loud, thunderous house.

"Wait", Cameron says, attempting to jog after us. Before I could possibly do anything, Jamie spins around on her heels, and begins to shout. "Fuck off Cameron". Her cheeks flush red, along with her eyes darkening.

My eyes widen, and so does Cameron's. I was not expecting that. Over reacting much?

His mouth hung open, searching for words to say, but Jamie beat him to it. "C'mon Al". Jamie says again, snatching my wrist once more and pulling me towards her vehicle. It was weird when Jamie called me that, because only Cameron calls me Al. Only Cameron.

I peered back at him, to see him watching me in awe before being stuffed into the car. Jamie had opened the passengers side, shoving my body into the seat, before scurrying over towards the drivers spot. She was panicking— something I never see very often.

"They're going to kill me!" She repeats to herself, quickly turning the ignition on. I glanced at her, and then glanced out of my invisible window. Cameron was still on the lawn, only this time, facing the opposite direction. Shea had came out of the house, and was slowly approaching Cameron. My stomach ached in fearsome. I wanted to stay and watch what was about to happen, but Jamie had stepped on the gas pedal, speeding away from the scene.

She was cussing under her breath, whispering profanities as she sped down the road. My hands were clenched onto the handlebars, awfully scared that she might crash into something.

"Jamie slow down", I beg, glancing at her from my spot. She didn't even look at me, when she began to freak out some more. "They're going to kill me if I go any slower!" She shouts.

We passed the beach where we were previously at, which meant her house wasn't that far now. I could only wonder what was going to happen once we step through the door.

***

Like I imagined, as soon as we walked into the house, Jamie's parents began to spazz off. Being that they had immigrated from Brazil, all I heard were foreign words being spat out from their mouths.

I didn't understand a word they were saying, making it more awkward than it already was.

I sauntered my way into the kitchen, pulling out a seat from the island. The yells of voices echoed throughout the hallways, and rang through my ears.

I rested my head into the palms of my hands, as the yelling continued. I wouldn't expect anything else though. The last time they found out about her and being at a party, they yelled at her, lecturing her for over an hour. They then grounded her for a month, along with confiscating all of her valuables. You'd think she would've learned her lesson by now right? Me too, but SIKE! It takes a lot of power to knock something into that brain of hers.

I slid myself out from my seat, making my way to the staircase. I needed to get myself out from this swimming suit.

I pulled myself up to the second floor, shutting the door behind me, as I entered Jamie's room. Then, stripping out from my previous attire and replacing them with a fresh pair of clothes. Consisting of a large grey tee, and a black pair of mid-thigh shorts.